Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased this P61 a while ago it has a model# on the tag I haven’t seen before on a P series saw. Any one familiar with this Model #. I’m trying to confirm if it’s a P61 case.

Its for sure a P61 Case because l have here a P61 Western Saw with the same foil data plate. the # is 493573 production line Batch , the serial is 337348883 which is lower than yours.
The Farmsaw 11 saws had a production line code starting @ 494283
The P61 Saws appearwd with the 3 different type Data Plates . The later foil plate did not show the Model # or Date.
The P61 Saws made in1980 that had metal data plates underside showed The model including whether it had a Full or Half wrap and year of production @ serial #.
l have 5 of those P61 saws and the earliest is 1980.

Hope this helps.

Anyone need anything off this p25 before it gets turfed? Missing the muffler and AF cover

View attachment 1108425
That's a sweet looking handle on the starter rope bud 😁

Love the small p series saws.

Are the electronics still good on this saw? I have a nice p-28 with no spark I wanna get running

I'm sure this topic has been touched on before but I wasn't able to find what everyone's favorite adhesive / epoxy that they claimed worked the best for repairing the cracked reed blocks?? I have quite a few products that I had around that would work but didn't know if folks were glueing the cracks on the inside of the intake or just on the exterior?

View attachment 1135291

I didn't want to use an epoxy on the inside of the intake if it couldn't stand up to the petrol.

I figured that you would just want to glue any split area and fill the cracks in?

Thank you so very much in advance!!!
JB weld

Every once in a while you run across a really nice barely used saw and just have to pick it up. I ran across this 1200A a couple months back and thought you Pioneer fans would like to see it. Pioneers never seemed real popular in northern Indiana so finding any seems to be a surprise in its self.

This saw was part of the sellers dads estate. He told me how his dad fussed and really took care of his things, and this shows it. I seen a video of the saw running but I have not tried it and may or may not ever try it. It still has its oem fuel line on it and I'm sure the carb has never been touched,. IMG_20231105_202857910_PORTRAIT.jpg
IMG_20231105_203012620_PORTRAIT.jpg
IMG_20231105_203053952_PORTRAIT.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was thinking the case is oem and came with the saw?
Is there a Pioneer or OMC logo located anywhere on the case? I have to say I have never seen a soft case on a Pioneer saw in these parts, only hard shell ones but one never knows what was sold in other locals.

Is there a Pioneer or OMC logo located anywhere on the case? I have to say I have never seen a soft case on a Pioneer saw in these parts, only hard shell ones but one never knows what was sold in other locals.
I went and looked that case over again and there is no markings on it at all. So I have no idea on where the case came from. The guy that would no is no longer able to tell.

Latest posts

Back