PM Canadien

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will be nice when you've rebuilt it,those old Canadien's really sounded different when they run,more of a growl than a scream... I've got a 275 I'm gonna restore.
Do you know what model that is yet? I've got a repair manual with data on the 175,177,270,271,275,and 276,so if any of it's relevant to you I can forward it.
I know it's been awhile since you posted this, I was wondering if you still have repair manuals for the PM Canadien saws I just got a 270,275, 360 and a 19A. Any info you could forward would be great.

I know it's been awhile since you posted this, I was wondering if you still have repair manuals for the PM Canadien saws I just got a 270,275, 360 and a 19A. Any info you could forward would be great.
I'd take a copy of those too, picked up a 270 and 360 last night. Considering these saws were made in Vancouver, they sure aren't that common around here.

My 21 was super easy to work on, very well engineered. heavy though.

20190705_211412.jpg

20190708_194333.jpg

Likewise... i have a 270 and would greatly appreciate any literature on it.

I'd take a copy of those too, picked up a 270 and 360 last night. Considering these saws were made in Vancouver, they sure aren't that common around here.

My 21 was super easy to work on, very well engineered. heavy though.

View attachment 795409

View attachment 795410
You did a great job on that saw. I'm going try and get the 360 to look that pretty too.

You did a great job on that saw. I'm going try and get the 360 to look that pretty too.
Thanks! I figured I should do a good job as its kind of a rare one. Plus it was made right here!
How is the chrome on your 360? mine has a little bit of surface rust spots, but I'm hoping that they'll come off with some steel wool.

Thanks! I figured I should do a good job as its kind of a rare one. Plus it was made right here!
How is the chrome on your 360? mine has a little bit of surface rust spots, but I'm hoping that they'll come off with some steel wool.
I cleaned it up a bit with steel wool, lots of rust spots still but for the age it's pretty good

Attachments

• IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
I cleaned it up a bit with steel wool, lots of rust spots still but for the age it's pretty good
The 19A is going to be more work, not sure about getting the flywheel off its already got a broken bolt in one of the holes for puller and one hole hat the top portion busted off.
It's the one that looked the best out of all and it's the worst. haha

The 19A is going to be more work, not sure about getting the flywheel off its already got a broken bolt in one of the holes for puller and one hole hat the top portion busted off.
It's the one that looked the best out of all and it's the worst. haha

I got lucky, my 21 was almost mint under all the ugly paint and dirt. I'd recommend using heat and penetrating oil. I've yet to have a flywheel that didn't come off after the use of a map gas torch, penetrating oil and a solid hit from the hammer on the puller. I've also seen people tap around the edge of the flywheel and on the crank snout.

I got lucky, my 21 was almost mint under all the ugly paint and dirt. I'd recommend using heat and penetrating oil. I've yet to have a flywheel that didn't come off after the use of a map gas torch, penetrating oil and a solid hit from the hammer on the puller. I've also seen people tap around the edge of the flywheel and on the crank snout.
It's soaking now while I work on the 360.
I took the fuel tank off its rusted pretty bad inside a couple small holes.
It's now at a rad shop getting cleaned and soldered up.

I do have a good repair manual on the old Canadiens but my scanner does not work now with Windows 10. I'll try to figure a way to scan and post that info here when I can.
That would be great. I have been taking a 360 and A19 apart both will need recoil springs and new ignitions. 360 tank will need some epoxy work but so far so good no major damage. Better than expected.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1974.JPG
    IMG_1974.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

IMG_1961.JPG IMG_1979.JPG
Here's a couple manuals. Got several Canadiens, mainly from the 270/275 series.
Good stuff, thanks a lot.
There's a lot of corrosion on some of the parts, I think I will clean them then primer some and put some epoxy on the worst pieces. The 360 and 19A are looking ok, they will both run again.

Back