Port A Wrap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treecutr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Finally caved and bought one like several here have recommended. Oh MY GOD it's great. combinig it with the block up in the tree instead of using the rope wraps on tree is awesome. wish I bought it sooner. To anyone who doesn't have one, get one, goet at least the medium. I got the nickel coated on based on hearing people complain about the black one burning off the paint. Thanks again for the advice.

Just curious if anyone has tried re-painting theres with an automotive engine paint? And what the result was.
It's supposed to be high temp. paint

got the bigboy.

I need a small one for up in the tree.no one on the ground seems to know how to use them..

I need a small one for up in the tree.no one on the ground seems to know how to use them..

What, it took me all of 30 seconds to figure it out, and about that to show the groundies. Mastering it on the other hand will take a little longer, but I feel, in my very limited experience with it, that the proper threading of it is most thought work of it. Although I like that idea, but thats just more work for me, and iIgot enough to worry about up there. My ground guy related the locking off of it to tying off a boat, which he was right, just a matter of knowing how many wraps, and how to let it run I guess.

Oh by the way, getting tired of pine this month, already. Havn't done any hardwood in a while.

Brought one of these myself a few months back the groundies love it as do I. alot easier,quicker and safer than wraps on trunk .One of those things you put off and then when you get it ,you wish you had earlier.Hows the work up there guys coming back I hope.

Brought one of these myself a few months back the groundies love it as do I. alot easier,quicker and safer than wraps on trunk .One of those things you put off and then when you get it ,you wish you had earlier.Hows the work up there guys coming back I hope.

Been busy, noting big though. Lot of simplier trees, damn spruce, hemlock, and pine. No big money jobs though.

What, it took me all of 30 seconds to figure it out, and about that to show the groundies. Mastering it on the other hand will take a little longer, but I feel, in my very limited experience with it, that the proper threading of it is most thought work of it. Although I like that idea, but thats just more work for me, and iIgot enough to worry about up there. My ground guy related the locking off of it to tying off a boat, which he was right, just a matter of knowing how many wraps, and how to let it run I guess.

Oh by the way, getting tired of pine this month, already. Havn't done any hardwood in a while.

nice to have all this work from the snow same here all pine.

it's not difficult.

beats me why the can't LET IT RUN!

I started a thread on that topic a while back...how to train groundies to let it run. My conclusion: nobody knows how to train them, including myself. Just cuss and yell until they get it right.

It's mostly in the grip on the rope: most guys let it run for a while, then squeeze the rope...YANK! If you can teach them to squeeze with 1 finger, 2-, 3- then a full grip, it might work. Make sure they are wearing gloves to eliminate the fear of burns.

it's either they won't let it run..............

or they want to put three or four wraps on every little branch.

I am starting to think they have little to no experience with trees or saws.

well then the climber and leader can just tell them how many wraps to take for each cut, then you still have the problem of letting it run at the right time ,how much experience do the groundies have that you are having trouble with?

One guy I work with has a few years but he has always worked with hacks before and he worries about everything. He has to over do everything.He thinks it safer to over do it.

I guess I am going to have to start throwing steel caribiners again.

Back