Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sedentary? Jeez, does that mean you can't even go outside and stare at those piles?

nope. in fact, I've been rearranging them with my grapple, just for fun. you know the drill; pick 'em up, move 'em around, admire 'em, pile 'em up again. joystick controls are within my restrictions.... :hmm3grin2orange:

We older folks need to take into consideration that we're NOT 20 or even 30 something anymore, sucks, but ya need to work at a different pace. I find myself pushing and pushing I'm damn near crippled for 3 days afterwards and I work out 5 days a week. Heed the doctors orders, pulling a staple out hurts like hell, ask me how I know.:mad:

Different views of the current log piles.....They are stashed everywhere in here...lol

IMG_0954640x480.jpg

IMG_0955640x480.jpg

IMG_0956640x480.jpg

What's to be cut is then moved up onto the stringers by the woodpiles and stove. I finished what was there today so no logs but you can see the stringers. Time for a reload before the weekend.

IMG_0957640x480.jpg

This is a video from earlier this summer of my neighbor loading the stringers. I told him that we had to have a pile height discussion. I am already busted up and that I preferred not to be dead or maimed by a 10 foot pile coming uncorked with me in it. We compromised at 5-6'.:msp_smile:

For those curious, the torsions in the skid steer were sacked out in that video. Hence the low rider ground clearance approach. That has been rectified and it is back up in the air to it's usual 8-9" of GC.:D

I am lucky in the fact that the shop is 20 feet behind me when cutting. So, I don't have to travel far for tools or a little R&R.:msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
Different views of the current log piles.....They are stashed everywhere in here...lol

IMG_0954640x480.jpg

IMG_0955640x480.jpg

IMG_0956640x480.jpg

What's to be cut is then moved up onto the stringers by the woodpiles and stove. I finished what was there today so no logs but you can see the stringers. Time for a reload before the weekend.

IMG_0957640x480.jpg

This is a video from earlier this summer of my neighbor loading the stringers. I told him that we had to have a pile height discussion. I am already busted up and that I preferred not to be dead or maimed by a 10 foot pile coming uncorked with me in it. We compromised at 5-6'.

For those curious, the torsions in the skid steer were sacked out in that video. Hence the low rider ground clearance approach. That has been rectified and it is back up in the air to it's usual 8-9" of GC.

I am lucky in the fact that the shop is 20 feet behind me when cutting. So, I don't have to travel far for tools or a little R&R.

benp, you got wood! :msp_w00t: You've got some work ahead of ya too, getting the rest of those logs cut up. :hmm3grin2orange: Your neighbor has got some skill with that skid steer, and quick. :msp_thumbup: Do you burn all that yourself?

Thanks for the nice words guys.

I live in my neighbor's guest house. Kinda like a Magnum PI deal...I'm their "gardener,.":wink2:

The boiler heats a 32x72 shop (floor heat) and then we punched lines last year to the main house and set up 2 water to air heat exchangers.

The propane doesn't kick on at all in the winter even at -xx temps.

I don't burn any of it. I just cut and split. I thoroughly enjoy it. It's not work to me.

We are kicking the idea around this year of putting in a small woodstove to heat my 700 sq foot empire. We shall see.

He is the man when it comes to operating heavy equipment. He has no equal or at least none that I have witnessed.

He was running a 13 stick road grader by himself at the age of 10. That was his job.

I am very fortunate to have friends like his family and consider them my own.

I gotta say if a wood stack could be bad ass ! Well I think it is , now I feel like a crumb For just splitting mine piling it to the moon and throwing a tarp over it

Amazing...I Think this guy could teach a college course on how to properly stack wood...and umm flower pots too by to looks of it.....Wow!

Thanks for the nice words guys.

I live in my neighbor's guest house. Kinda like a Magnum PI deal...I'm their "gardener,.":wink2:

The boiler heats a 32x72 shop (floor heat) and then we punched lines last year to the main house and set up 2 water to air heat exchangers.

The propane doesn't kick on at all in the winter even at -xx temps.

I don't burn any of it. I just cut and split. I thoroughly enjoy it. It's not work to me.

We are kicking the idea around this year of putting in a small woodstove to heat my 700 sq foot empire. We shall see.

He is the man when it comes to operating heavy equipment. He has no equal or at least none that I have witnessed.

He was running a 13 stick road grader by himself at the age of 10. That was his job.

I am very fortunate to have friends like his family and consider them my own.

"Magnum PI",how many people remember that one? :laugh: That sounds like a pretty good setup for ya', got your own place, all the wood you want to cut and split. :msp_w00t: I love cuttin' and splittin' wood, okay I admit it, I'm a little jealous.....:hmm3grin2orange:

.....either up earlier than me or up REALLY LATE.....:msp_sleep:
.....might just be me, I'm not seeing any pics???:confused:

It's a spambot! The mods prefer that you don't quote them. It makes clean up easier.

Red repping them is allowed though.

This is a video from earlier this summer of my neighbor loading the stringers. I told him that we had to have a pile height discussion. I am already busted up and that I preferred not to be dead or maimed by a 10 foot pile coming uncorked with me in it. We compromised at 5-6'.:msp_smile:

Holy crap that guy is good. Used the skid steer better than I use my own arms.

For those curious, the torsions in the skid steer were sacked out in that video. Hence the low rider ground clearance approach. That has been rectified and it is back up in the air to it's usual 8-9" of GC.:D

I am lucky in the fact that the shop is 20 feet behind me when cutting. So, I don't have to travel far for tools or a little R&R.:msp_biggrin:

Welll..that right there is cheatin'! HAHAHAHAHA That's a heap 0 wood.

Latest posts

Back