Poulan BLACKHAWK chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark360T

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
i just bought a poulan blackhawk chainsaw new in box on ebay yesterday.
have any of you had any experience with this chainsaw?

Poulan BlackHawk, BH2160, no different from the lime-green series, e.g. 2150.
Just gave it a black motif, kinda like with WildThing, nothing special about it except the "WildThing' logos, purple covers, etc.
Altho it is using a carb I'm not familiar with,,,,

Last edited:
but this saw isnt the epa regulated saw like the ones you but at the stores today. the saws you buy today are pieces of :censored:

I'm pretty sure it's the little bro to the Wild Thing. I think it's 36cc's and has a 16" bar.

You can buy the same saw in WalMart or Lowes. It's just isn't marketed as a BlackHawk.

Oye... Electrolux and their silly marketing....

Yeah, it's silly, but those saws have their place.

A logging siderod that I'm buddies with recently went down and bought two of the Wild Things while they were on sale (I think he got both NIB for $75 each.)

He swears up and down that they're fine running saws and do 90% of what he needs to do. Keep in mind this is a guy who keeps a 660 with a 36" in the box on his shop truck and his bucket saw is a 440 with a 28" bar.

The Blackhawk is just another name / color / sticker set for a typical 36cc poulan standard line saw. Blackhawk, Wildthing, Woodshark,etc.. The EPA has their hand in all commercial 2 cycle engines. Your Blackhawk will have the non catalyst muffler, but with limiter caps on the carb jet screws.

real men sport lime green and purple.

nice saw though,first time ive ever seen one.the newer wild things are 42cc the older 36cc ,not sure when it changed .

The Blackhawk is just another name / color / sticker set for a typical 36cc poulan standard line saw. Blackhawk, Wildthing, Woodshark,etc.. The EPA has their hand in all commercial 2 cycle engines. Your Blackhawk will have the non catalyst muffler, but with limiter caps on the carb jet screws.

Are you positive about the no cat muffler? The picture he posted had a LE designation on the model.

real men sport lime green and purple.

nice saw though,first time ive ever seen one.the newer wild things are 42cc the older 36cc ,not sure when it changed .

you almost had it, new ones are 40cc the previous was 42cc

:cheers:

Picture049.jpg

Back