Poulan BLACKHAWK chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you almost had it, new ones are 40cc the previous was 42cc

:cheers:

Picture049.jpg

before the 42cc they were 36cc like this monster ,i guess they detuned the 42cc to a 40 because EPA ?

061.jpg

lol if you really wana take the blackhawk bar off and keep it go ahead..
put a 14" bar and chain on it if you replace. itll run much better, i had a 38cc husqvarna and it didnt like the 16" bar&chain it had, would have ripped with a 14"

i think i will keep the bar because you cant find a poulan blackhawk bar on ebay like you can with a wild thing bar and the blackhawk bar is really cool looking

One more thing

If this saw is like any of the Poulan saws I have, it has a significant weak point that can easily be addressed- pvc fuel line that will lose its plasticizers and crack/disintegrate. Better (DAMHIKT) to replace it asap with tygon tubing, and save yourself grief.
Then you'll have a really nice little cheapie saw for some years.

Looks to me like Poulan over-ran the production of the craftsman line. I bet it was pretty cheap to come up with a new set of stickers to use up the excess parts.

I like the way you think. Is that your tractor?

No, it is an image I pulled off the web. I have sold most of my Cockshutt's but still have a 20, 30, 35, 40 Deluxe with Cockshutt loader and a 50 as well as 3 plows and a wooden grain drill. If you get up here to pick up the 640 we can take a ride and look at them.

No, it is an image I pulled off the web. I have sold most of my Cockshutt's but still have a 20, 30, 35, 40 Deluxe with Cockshutt loader and a 50 as well as 3 plows and a wooden grain drill. If you get up here to pick up the 640 we can take a ride and look at them.

Sounds like fun to me.

If Mrs. Saw Dr gets wind of this, I'll be driving a vehicle with no trailer hitch. :censored:She'll probably send me on a Go-ped just to be safe.

Trip is still "up in the air." ....No pun intended.

Latest posts

Back