Premium or E-10 Gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stmale

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is it necessary to run premium 91 gas or will E-10 89 suffice?

Will running E-10 really cause damage to my saw like the dealer says?

I run E-10 in all my cars against the manufactures recommendations and I have no problems even long term as I have 240k miles on one of them.

In Nebraska we get E-10 much cheaper than any other.

Don't run the E10 fuel. 2-stroke motors are not like the 4-stroke motors in your cars. Lots of recent posts on blend fuels, do a search and you'll have plenty to read.

Seriously, how much more expensive is a couple gallons of the proper premium gasoline for your saws? A couple dollars? Less?

If you have the choice, run premium.

If you don't, make sure your saw is retuned for E10... the H will need richening up to drop the WOT and to set the correct operating mixture. E10 leans out your saw..

In a newer saw last 5 years or so at least you should not need to worry about E-10 causing damage to the saw other than a need for a carb change but Husky and stihl has E-10 info on their websites. I would still run the premium 91 or even 93 if it was me, depending on how much you use your saw the extra money spent for premium vs regular is small and well worth it in most cases.

Here in NJ and NY no choice but to run E-10 if you are using pump gas, you can buy racing fuel but at $4 to $6 for 95 to 98 octane racing fuel that is a bit pricely for a stock saw.

I have been told go a little heavy on your oil ratio with E-10 fuel that is all and you will be fine. I use 40:1 ratio in my saws.

Latest posts

Back