Price increases

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typical.

Been waiting on the "National Enquirer" crew to show up if there is ANY disagreement with your views.
This WAS and will continue to be a good thread as soon as you take your BS elsewhere. I don't want to EVEN see a reply to this.

Bar oil was over $20 a gallon at Ace Hardware the other day. I still found it for $7.99 at Rural King, up from $4ish what i payed on sale about a year or so ago when i was stocking up.....
Years ago, I bought a case of Stihl bar oil at $3/gal. I thought 6 gallons would be enough for my Dad and myself to last a while. Wish I would have bought 10 cases!

Years ago, I bought a case of Stihl bar oil at $3/gal. I thought 6 gallons would be enough for my Dad and myself to last a while. Wish I would have bought 10 cases!
That was before you joined this site and only had 1 saw. :laughing: I'm buying some bar oil today when I'm at my dealer. I don't buy the stihl brand but the Itasca brand. I think it's $10.50 a gal. Maybe a better price if I buy a case pf 6.
1636454070198.png

I agree there are trolls every where and the government does not know why. Actually only those in government with brains can understand inflation. Of course very few of those. I have raised my prices because I can. I will keep raising my prices until no one calls me wanting wood. I do enjoy going to various projects to drop some trees camping put in places that only squirrels hang out in. However if I want to pay my bills and maintain my properties it takes money to do it. When I deliver a load of wood and the customer says that they can not believe how nice the fire burnt with the last load here is an extra $50. That makes me smile. Made $2,000 that way. At the moment I have little to no competition so yes prices are going out of sight. We have had a huge influx into Air B&B rentals in this area and one thing these people need is a fire burning in the fireplace. Rarely do Air B&B people say well how much but when can you deliver. Thanks

i am holding out for now. i keep a crate that holds a 1/4 cord, usually its ash or ash mix. it burns and is lesser quality. it goes for $45.
my 1/3 cord ibc crate i keep it at $85 but it is really good high btu hardwood.
off of my pile on the pallets . its $200 a measured mixed cord. they haul it all.

Because of inflation, I have raised my prices across the board on all my firewood and cooking wood. Anyone else raise there prices and why?
For me it was a necessity dew to fuel prices and other price increases like chains oil fuel and the cost of the bags I use for bagged wood.
I went up 20% on everything. Not one person has complained or stopped buying because of it.

As a tree farmer/garden centre, I use a standard, more or less, multiply by 3 from my tree suppliers. So a $1 seedling to me sells for $3. About 1/5 of the markup covers the transportation. This year one supplier's seedlings went from 1.20-1.30 to $1.50-$160.

This year I have the lowest end of season inventory ever in my young stock. (2 to 4 yr) I blame that on Covid.

Covid has done two things, not sure which is more important.

A: "Can't do Bermuda this year, dear. Let's fix up the yard." "Good idea. If we're working from home, let's make it pretty"

B: "It's such a hassle to shop. Let's look on the Internet" And as a consequence people are a lot better at finding stuff on the internet.

i am holding out for now. i keep a crate that holds a 1/4 cord, usually its ash or ash mix. it burns and is lesser quality. it goes for $45.
my 1/3 cord ibc crate i keep it at $85 but it is really good high btu hardwood.
off of my pile on the pallets . its $200 a measured mixed cord. they haul it all.

Prices in Alberta:
71 liter tote of split birch $50
Spruce/pine mixed, spit $375/cord $200/half cord
$200 - Poplar Full Cord... $250 - Spruce Full Cord...
Mostly poplar, some spruce $300/cord

Bear in mind:
Canuck dollar is smaller. Our buck is about U.S. 70c.
Our minimum wage is $15/hour.

No. It won't hurt Canada in the long run.

The biggest problem Canada has right now is the degree of dependence of trade with the U.S.

Right now, if the U.S. collapses into anarchy and civil war (quite likely, watching the present news...) it drags Canada down with it.

Were I Justin Trudeau, I'd be doing everything in my power to decrease trade with the U.S.

Biden on the news yesterday says he is going to get them ships in the port today so as prices will come down.

Therefore no need in inflating your wood prices right now, you will just have to mark the price back down by tomorrow.

He also sounds like he might have some Ocean Front property in Arizona for sale. Hunter Biden is handling the real estate sale.

View attachment 940203

Mr. B wants to help by closing line 5 that supplies gas/oil from Western Can to Eastern Canada; trunk lines extend down into Mi.

This will hurt Canada too
That stretch you show there is only Ontario.
Ontario is huge. Takes a day of straight driving to get out of Ontario.

Latest posts

Back