Project Stumpbroke MS310/390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never yell at you for grabby chains. As you can tell, thats how I run em too. Just don't look the best on vid with the saw tryin to pull outta my hands. To bad the oilers on the 1127 series will barely keep up on a 20'' bar.:bang:

All in all, I'm very pleased with this build.
Well I guess now you need to find a way to Stumpbreak the oiler's on them things :msp_sneaky:

If a guy didn't know any better he'd swear thats a at least 70cc saw.
Looks like it pulls real good in the cut.
Well Done!!!

It is great to find someone interested in modifying these saws. There are a LOT of them out there to work on.

Hal

That... And the fact the FarmBoss is just plain SEXY!!! Where's saw troll when I need him??? Dang Norwegians anyway...:msp_sneaky:

Attention

I've had it brought to my attention that a fellow member has bought a TS400 piston off of ebay & the piston has the same deck hight as the original. I'm gonna try to get to the bottom of the situation. The piston I used was from Forester. I think his piston was from HL supply. Not trying to say HL supply stuff is junk. Just sayin we've found a difference in the pistons.

I've had it brought to my attention that a fellow member has bought a TS400 piston off of ebay & the piston has the same deck hight as the original. I'm gonna try to get to the bottom of the situation. The piston I used was from Forester. I think his piston was from HL supply. Not trying to say HL supply stuff is junk. Just sayin we've found a difference in the pistons.

thanks ,was thinking about getting a ts 400 piston for one of mine,interested to see what the outcome is

Possible Stumpbroke Oil Pump For 029/039/MS290/MS390

attachment.php

Stumpy Check this out.

atvguns asked about a Stumpbroke oiler for the clams.

MS 029 Super------Stock Pump Suction Hose ID 0.150" Stock Pump Inlet Hole ID 0.077" Stock Pump Outlet Hole ID 0.077"
Stock Plastic Snap In Fitting From Pump Discharge 0.086" Stock Plastic Case Snap On ID 0.086"
Stock Hole In Case For Bar Feed 0.095"

I knocked out roll pin and removed oil adjuster (it has a offset dowel on the end) and drilled the welch plug end with a .077" drill bit and screwed in a sheet rock screw. Keep turning turning in the screw and it will push out pump and bronze bushing. I drilled out pump suction and discharge to #44 drill (0.086") to match snap in and case. On the end where I screwed in sheet rock screw - drill out with #7 (0.201") 0.180” deep (Do Not Go Any Deeper Or You Run Into End Of Pump Slot) this is the tap drill for 1/4-20 threads and tap hole. I put a 1/4-20 x 1/4 long allen head set screw so I can adjust the pump head clearance to give more oil flow. The stock clearance at max output was 0.040" - this allowed a lot of oil to Bypass inside housing. Caution the pump shaft strokes in and out as you roll it. With the set screw I can set the head clearance to 0.005"-0.010" for max flow 28" bar or turn down stock adjuster for 20" bar.

I tried to file the pump shaft cup section out today and the file would only shine the shaft (has to be above Rockwell 50). I used my cone tip grinding stone to increase the cup depth by 0.020" to increase oil output per revolution.

attachment.php

Stumpy Check this out.

atvguns asked about a Stumpbroke oiler for the clams.

MS 029 Super------Stock Pump Suction Hose ID 0.150" Stock Pump Inlet Hole ID 0.077" Stock Pump Outlet Hole ID 0.077"
Stock Plastic Snap In Fitting From Pump Discharge 0.086" Stock Plastic Case Snap On ID 0.086"
Stock Hole In Case For Bar Feed 0.095"

I knocked out roll pin and removed oil adjuster (it has a offset dowel on the end) and drilled the welch plug end with a .077" drill bit and screwed in a sheet rock screw. Keep turning turning in the screw and it will push out pump and bronze bushing. I drilled out pump suction and discharge to #44 drill (0.086") to match snap in and case. On the end where I screwed in sheet rock screw - drill out with #7 (0.201") 0.180” deep (Do Not Go Any Deeper Or You Run Into End Of Pump Slot) this is the tap drill for 1/4-20 threads and tap hole. I put a 1/4-20 x 1/4 long allen head set screw so I can adjust the pump head clearance to give more oil flow. The stock clearance at max output was 0.040" - this allowed a lot of oil to Bypass inside housing. Caution the pump shaft strokes in and out as you roll it. With the set screw I can set the head clearance to 0.005"-0.010" for max flow 28" bar or turn down stock adjuster for 20" bar.

I tried to file the pump shaft cup section out today and the file would only shine the shaft (has to be above Rockwell 50). I used my cone tip grinding stone to increase the cup depth by 0.020" to increase oil output per revolution.

Great info buddy!!

Back