proud owner, maybe!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlBoy440

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hey guys I just purchased or won on a auction the 360Pro I have been asking so many questions about it cost me dearly I think so the mods I was gonna have done will have to wait a bit, well not too long! will post some once I get my hands on it

fishhuntcutwood said:
That does look nice. It'll look nicer with a full wrap on there...

Jeff
Why bother - it just makes the saw more clumsy to handle except under very special conditions.

Don't you have cutters on the top side of your bars.:blob2: :blob2:

SawTroll said:
Don't you have cutters on the top side of your bars.:blob2: :blob2:

Yes we do, but have you ever falled a 36" tree all while backchaining, unable to properly dog and sight the saw? I haven't either...because of full wraps. I know that not everyone needs or wants a full wrap, and I was just messing around, like saying he needs a 24" on there as well. I don't know what he'll be cutting, or where. But around here, he'd have a 24"+ and a full wrap like Tek9tim described. But I've gottten so used to them that even while simply bucking firewood in my backyard, I've come to rely on that extra 85 degrees or so of handle space. I wouldn't describe it as clumsy at all. ;)

Jeff

Man for that price I might have just gone with a ms 361 after you pay for shipping and eveything. But if the ms 360 makes you happy more power to you.

thanks WestTex' I guess you were watching it on ebay also it went high but I have lost the last 4 on there so I bit the bullet and got it, is that a bad price for a good saw if it is. where do you guys buy these full wrap bars at anyway is it a Stihl item or aftermarket piece. picked up a old 028AV the other day at the local manned inconvenience center and actually got it running real nice saw for what it cost $0.00 but the stop switch does not work the wire is broke loose on the other end any clue where that thing connects to and also the fuel tank leaks on the top left side where a little nipple sticks up is that where the breather is supposed to be at or what, hope all these guys on here can help me out, thanks!

You can get aftermarket full wrap handlebars from Bailey's for your saw. And apparently, the full wrap from the 044/046 will fit on there as well. You can find those on ebay pretty frequently. You'll pay a pretty penny for them new from a dealer.

And as far as your kill switch, that shut off postion should go to ground. I'm not familiar enough with the 360 to tell you where it goes and how it attaches, but it should go to ground. Should be fairly close to the switch itself.

Jeff

Stihlboy- you asked about the 028. The nipple at the top left of the fuel tank is supposed to have a vent tube attached to it. Go to your Stihl dealer and get part #1117-350-5800 tank vent, a couple of bucks. The shutoff switch is also easy- is the fuel tank aluminum or plastic? If aluminum, a wire goes from the coil ground to the master control lever (switch). The switch grounds to the tank thru an inverted "V" spring. Be sure there is a ground wire from the fuel tank to the motor housing. Plastic tank 028's are similar, but use a ground wire from the "V" spring all the way back to the coil mounting screw since plastic doesn't conduct electricity. Good luck.

no the problem is on a old 028AV I found at the trash dump real sweet runner once we got the idle fixed and I guess and set the H and L jets at 1 turn and it reall runs well just cant shut it off so from switch to ground is how it does usually, any clue on the fuel tank leak looks like where a breather goes maybe

fishhuntcutwood said:
Yes we do, but have you ever falled a 36" tree all while backchaining, unable to properly dog and sight the saw? I haven't either...because of full wraps. I know that not everyone needs or wants a full wrap, and I was just messing around, like saying he needs a 24" on there as well. I don't know what he'll be cutting, or where. But around here, he'd have a 24"+ and a full wrap like Tek9tim described. ..... Jeff
You are of course right that long bars, full wraps and big dawgs are beneficial under the conditions you describe.

My point is that these features are not mandatory for everyone that buys a reasonably large saw - the condition the saw will be used under is what desides what you need.:D

Believe it or not, but I just recently became aware of the fact that I make most of my backcuts with the top of the bar. I have been doing it without really thinking about it......maybe I am in an early stage of Demens...

hey Stihldoc thanks I believe it is a plastic tank it is at the house and I am at work but the tank breather/vent will work for both you say does it work like a one way valve? back to the stop switch I see a non-insulated copper wire going from the switch over the plastic body then the connector that connects it to whatever looks like the eye is broke, so that must go to the coil mounting screw will have to pull the top plastic cover off just from what i saw last nite, I love free project saws!

Back