Ps in dolmar should be pos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
361 sucks?

Well, all you boys and gals that think the 361 sucks wind, please just send them to me, Winthrown, here in the PNW. I will find a good home for them and they will have a good life falling trees. I only use super gas and good synthetic oil premix. If you are out on the east coast, I am sure that Tommy Hall will be obliged to accept any donor 361s as well and give them as good a home, if not better with Elvis tunes playing while they are falling trees there in VA. Oh, and if you are in Europe, send them to the Troll and Witch there in north Norway. We will all take great care of the poor underperforming saws.

Oh, and here in CA where I am staying right now it seems that the local Stihl dealers are having a heck of a time keeping the 361 in stock. Word must have gotten out that they are a mediocre saws and everyone here in Northern CA decided that they needed a poor underperforming chainsaw for some reason. Amazing, really. Other chainsaw companies should have such luck selling their substandard unworthy crappy saws, eh? Or is the entire world reading AS and duped into thinking that the 361 is a gem? :cheers:

Well, all you boys and gals that think the 361 sucks wind, please just send them to me, Winthrown, here in the PNW. I will find a good home for them and they will have a good life falling trees. I only use super gas and good synthetic oil premix. If you are out on the east coast, I am sure that Tommy Hall will be obliged to accept any donor 361s as well and give them as good a home, if not better with Elvis tunes playing while they are falling trees there in VA. Oh, and if you are in Europe, send them to the Troll and Witch there in north Norway. We will all take great care of the poor underperforming saws.

Oh, and here in CA where I am staying right now it seems that the local Stihl dealers are having a heck of a time keeping the 361 in stock. Word must have gotten out that they are a mediocre saws and everyone here in Northern CA decided that they needed a poor underperforming chainsaw for some reason. Amazing, really. Other chainsaw companies should have such luck selling their substandard unworthy crappy saws, eh? Or is the entire world reading AS and duped into thinking that the 361 is a gem? :cheers:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :yourock:

To be civil, it was the first one that seized. The other is showing signs of weakness and is now taking four and five pulls to run after a couple minutes of shutdown to reposition ourselves. I don't ask a ton out these saws outside of limb and top as I drop,and yes I do have other saws reefer farmer but that is not the point. I bought a couple of saws to do a job and they failed there for they are fired, it's that simple

I hope the "Reefer Farmer" is not a cheap shot at me. I am just asking question here cause I have a 5100 I use.
Bob

We can all make guesses as to why these to saws didn't last. :monkey: With the number of them out there in AS land, there has been very few problems with the 5100. I think most run gas without ethanol and good oil. I think most do regular maintanence. I think that this is even more critical with the hi-performance saws that are being produced now days.
OK,enough of what I think.:cheers: :cheers:

I thought a couple of months ago you said you were done with this site but yet your still here. As far as pissing and moaning, do you labor in logs for a living? if you do you have my ear, if not than please shut your mouth! My gripes were about a saw and not some personal issue but you have quickly turned it into that.

Yeah, and if you remember it was for work related purposes. Work is done.

Does running a saw allow you to act like a child?

I have worked on a farm all my life and when something breaks, there isn't time to piss and moan over it. Get it fixed or replaced and move on. Life doesn't stop because you were inconvenienced. I am pretty sure all of your post have been personal. The CAD thread, remember? Somebody has a chip on their shoulder and it's not me.

Y in the screw would anyone on North CA need a saw so small as a 361???
other than,,

HOME OWNERS...

Jeeez I go to OHIO for a few days and holy s#!? the world has come to a end:spam: :notrolls2: Better take Steve up on his offer..... You never did answer what part of ohio r u at???? I was in Sandusky, Wooster and Orrville the past few days......... I could not believe what they did to the old rt 30 wowwwwwwwww what a mess....

Scott

Y in the screw would anyone on North CA need a saw so small as a 361???
other than,,

HOME OWNERS...

Well, gosh almighty, I plumb left my HOTSAW up there at my brother's in Portland. The one with the 48 inch bar.

As for anyone that actually knows me, and the size trees that I have felled with my 361, you would not post such BS on this site. And if a 361 is a homeowner saw, I hate to know what a 210 is supposed to be. A condo saw? :monkey:

But I will stihl take those unwanted whimpy 'homeowner' 361s off of anyone's hands...

Last edited:
Cuttinscott

Could you please comment on my post in this thread about the foam rubber seal under the air filter and the notch my dealer put in mine.

Back