Ps in dolmar should be pos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 5100 and 7900 in the fall from D&D Enterprises. Salem Indiana. I noticed when cleaning the air filter, the foam rubber that is sandwiched between the filter and the top of the carb had a notch cut out of it. This allowed air to enter the vent hole on top of the carburaetor. I ask my dealer if it was suppose to be this way? He said that he did it. His explanation was when the filter gets plugged the back side of the diaphram is starved for air,does not pump enough fuel, and the saw runs lean! He said the 7900 does not have this problem.
He seems like a knowledgeable fellow and has a big business out in the country. Most of his sales is chainsaws. I don't know if this will help or not. Have you ever heard of this modification 166?

Could you please comment on my post in this thread about the foam rubber seal under the air filter and the notch my dealer put in mine.

I would NOT AGREE on cutting a notch into the foam seal. the hole in the metering cover is a atmospheric vent as long as the air filter is not completely filled up on the inside it will work properly. Call your dealer and have him install a new foam seal onto the carb. Its more important to not let in the fines made by the notch in the foam.

Scott

I have no issues with the air filter on the 5100SH, but it sure gets dirty a lot faster than the Husky filters.

The MS361 and Jreds 621 filters also work better, but the Dolmar filter isn't a problem.

Latest posts

Back