Public Service: Break =/= Brake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madhatte

It's The Water
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Chain Breaker:

safe_image.php

Chainbrake:

chain%20brake.jpg

Thank you, and you're welcome.

Yes...and please note the apostrophe in "you're" welcome. Well done for AF.

.......and here we have a brake, not break.

SerbuBrake.jpg

Last edited:
im looking to purchase a new splitter. i have it narrowed down to tw-p1 - tw2 timberwolf and american 25hh. looking for opinions and advice. thanx!:help:

get the log lift, both are very nicely built machines American should be less expensive. Get the 4 way backer with the American even if you don't buy the wedge right away.

Splitter

get the log lift, both are very nicely built machines American should be less expensive. Get the 4 way backer with the American even if you don't buy the wedge right away.

Yaah prob goin with 25hh log lift 4way table they look a lil more rugged than timberwolf higher off ground bigger tires

A laser bore sighter was left in the bore.

Imagine the size of box required to send that back to the manufacturer.

.....and remember, you can't cut those barrel straps off shorter than 16" OAL from the closed bolt face, or you would be manufacturing an illegal, unregistered short barrel rifle.

Last edited:

.....and remember, you can't cut those barrel straps off shorter than 16" OAL from the closed bolt face, or you would be manufacturing an illegal, unregistered short barrel rifle.

Wonder if the headspace was still within limits? lol

While we're on the topic.....the number 1 most abused grammatical error on the Arborist Forum is "a lot"

"allot" - Nope. That's not it.
"allott" - Nope. Not that either.
"alot" - Hmmm.....try again.

I specifically recall misspelling that one in eigth grade, one time. That's all it took. Thank you Miss Gebhart for pointing out that mistake for me (one time) when I was 13. (she had some really big knockers) I have not made that mistake since.

Tony

Last edited:

I've seen that before, wonder if it was a photoshop pic. I have a hard time believing that a boresighter, would do that. The boresighter would need to be in there so tight that the pressure could not push it out, and even if the barrel did split, it would not be that far, as soon as the pressure had an escape, the barrel would have stopped splitting.

There is also no burn marks on teh carpet, that would be there if a fireball did that...

I've seen a Remington 1100 split right back to the stock before Trap Shooting at Seattle Trap Club

And the guy was taking to a hospital shortly afterwards

While we're on the topic.....the number 1 most abused grammatical error on the Arborist Forum is "a lot"

"allot" - Nope. That's not it.
"allott" - Nope. Not that either.
"alot" - Hmmm.....try again.

I specifically recall misspelling that one in eigth grade, one time. That's all it took. Thank you Miss Gebhart for pointing out that mistake for me (one time) when I was 13. (she had some really big knockers) I have not made that mistake since.

Tony

There,their,and they're always annoys me when not used appropriately.

Latest posts

Back