Public Service: Break =/= Brake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually notice bad grammar, just don't pay much attention to it. One that does get to me sometimes is when people use "stihl" in place of "still".

Example: I stihl think that's a very nice saw. You guys seen that one?

On the barrel splitting: I do believe that a bore sight could have easily done that. The energy created by the round firing expands so quick that it would destroy the barrel before the obstacle could even begin to the forced out.

Anthony, some folks here on AS, myself included, intentionally misuse Stihl & steal. Example: Are you stihl trying to get that creamsickle saw running? I'm not surprised that your local steal dealers are too lazy to order the parts.

I wouldn't go that far.... There is no chain, so no chainsaw, it is a gas powered reciprocating saw... so gologit is still right, chainsaws do not have blades. :msp_sneaky:

dw

Please see post # 53, I already acknowledged that there was no chain.

"Needs fixed" and "needs replaced" irks me.

It's "needs to be fixed" and "needs to be replaced", unless you're a goob.

HF

"Needs fixed" and "needs replaced" irks me.

It's "needs to be fixed" and "needs to be replaced", unless you're a goob.

HF

What?????

Are you from Maryland or something?????

Here in Ky. if the want to say "I have no idea".....

They say, "I have no ideal".......

What?????

Are you from Maryland or something?????

Here in Ky. if the want to say "I have no idea".....

They say, "I have no ideal".......

They also call fertilizer "fertilize", say "hit" instead of it, "cog" instead of sprocket... I could go on and on

When I was in college I worked four summers at the University of Virginia in the Housing Maintenance Department. Some of the better comments I heard were:

* "I cut it half in two"
* "I am up again it"
* "Put it in granny gear and keep on gittin up"
* "What do we lack?"
* "Er Er Er Er ah drug store" (I knew it was break time)

Poor Clint!!!

Sondra Locke is the Yoko Ono of Clint Eastwood films!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You kids can p.m. me for the meaning of that remark!!!!!!!!

For sale ---------------2 ton winch
For sale ---------------2 ton wench

Well, I might take the 2 ton winch... but you can keep that 2 ton wench. no sir-re-bob

As for KY-ians we gots us some purdy good lingo. Raised in Louisville (loo-uh-vul), there is only about 15 ways to say that....

Got a friend and he is the only one I here say it, but to him it is a bullnozer not bulldozer.

But saying and spelling aren't really the same issue, I mean who can really tell if I said brake or break? Heck I still say warter and warsh and probably always will, but I shure nose howz to spell 'em

dw

I hear you fellers up in Ky make some purdy good bourbon corn squeezins too!

Latest posts

Back