Public Service: Break =/= Brake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you fellers up in Ky make some purdy good bourbon corn squeezins too!

Some of us do, me I just do good at keep them boys employed and such...

Most all the good stuff comes from one county Bardstown KY. Most the distilleries are w/in an hour drive of me. I keep meaning to go on the tours.

dw

Public Service, cont.

How about chimney----get to Southern Iowa and a "B" enters the word. chimbley

Ray

Grammatical errors are all on me.
But I do have a tendency to let one hand get ahead of the other when pecking on the keyboard,
Then spellchecker throws in suggestion,
if it's a homonym and I'm trying to get the post up before everyone's left the thread,
Then I'll often hurriedly (and inaccurately) take the first proffered option.
-
Run on sentences vs better composition wolud be an issue I could stand some work on.

I usually notice bad grammar, just don't pay much attention to it. One that does get to me sometimes is when people use "stihl" in place of "still".

Example: I stihl think that's a very nice saw. You guys seen that one?

On the barrel splitting: I do believe that a bore sight could have easily done that. The energy created by the round firing expands so quick that it would destroy the barrel before the obstacle could even begin to the forced out.

HAHAHA I use Stihl that way all the time............but you know what bugs me??....seen.....is used poorly ALL the time (as above)...seen is a type of verb and is the past tense of see, but must be used with a descriptor/modifier such as have/haven't... etc.......you don't "seen" something...you either do"see" it or "saw" it depending on your point in time. "You guys see that one?"..."Have you guys seen that one?" "You guys haven't seen that one." "I guess you guys saw that one".."Did you guys see that one?" All correct questions and statements .....but not "You guys seen that one" Bad....always been that way...Stihl is as far as I know.......LOL!!!!!!

While not a grammar issue. Two words with different meanings, get used as the same, a lot, especially here on Arboristsite. " Need" and "Want".:laugh: I have often thought, that it was strange for 22years, the ONLY saw I had, or used, was a Poulan 3400. Then, I found AS.:msp_sneaky: I soon found out that I NEEDED at least 20 saws, of all sizes and descriptions.
There are still, a number of them I WANT, or NEED! Can't make up my mind.:dizzy:

:cheers:
Gregg,

This one's better. :D :D

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sVMoOLh92S4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was she shooting in that video? I didn't notice. :hmm3grin2orange:

Heck, I could put up a flic of a big KY girl, she would be jiggling for hours........

Ugh. BAD mental picture! Now I gotta go back and look at 50-cal jiggle sweeite on the range to put the right picture back in my head. :D :D

I'm not sure why it is so difficult for supermarkets to have a "10 items or fewer" sign. They seem to prefer the incorrect "10 items or less".

OK, here's mine; advice vs. advise

You might ask for, and I might offer advice, not advise

If I am giving you advice, I am advising you.

It's "please advise" NOT "please advice"

Back