Quebec town bans excessive noise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was that way here years ago.
The town called it the blue laws.
No loud noises, Which means chainsaws,
lawnmowing, etc. but that law somehow
has gone.

Lee

Jesus, this is the dumbest thing i have herd. Id just crawl up and sit under my bed.

This is really stupid, some cranky old monsieur with nothing else to do had to complain. No table saw, no electric drill, no chain saw on a Sunday but lawnmowers are exempt. Guess even council members have to cut their lawns.

What noise, did ya see how that guy's got a hold of that saw:jawdrop:

LOL!!!

Notice the terrain and flora in the back ground?

Equatorial Canadian village bans Cannibalism AND chainsaws on Sundays LOL!!!

For the love of flipper, what the hell is wrong with the media these days.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Thats crazy alright,
I am sure that if there was a big storm and trees were downed that that bylaw would be quickly rescinded.My mate was telling me that in some places in Scotland they used to chain the kids swings up on Sundays, so they couldn't be used!

Thats crazy alright,
I am sure that if there was a big storm and trees were downed that that bylaw would be quickly rescinded.My mate was telling me that in some places in Scotland they used to chain the kids swings up on Sundays, so they couldn't be used!

I've some good "Irish" friends that are Scots in Blood.

Where do you think "Irish" whisky came from?

Hey, way back in the mists of time, a long time before I was a twinkle in, well, you know the rest, there were a few laws here that thankfully went the way of the Dodo.

1. It was illegal to discharge a firearm anywhere on a Sunday.
2. Military calibres were banned from civilian use.

Apparently this was back in the late forties and fifties, as I know it wasn't the case growing up in the seventies.

Things are heading that way again.
Those that don't study history are condemned to repeat it.

I've some good "Irish" friends that are Scots in Blood.

Where do you think "Irish" whisky came from?

Hehe You know that Scotland actually means land of the Irish?
Oh I enjoy a drop of both Scots and Irish Uisce Beatha, depends what kind of mood I am in.

Church bells are not banned here yet but if anyone complains they have to be stopped. You hardly ever hear a bell nowadays. Christmas carols are also banned except inside a privately owned building. No carolling on the street because of the atheist/wikka/muslim residents.

Church bells are not banned here yet but if anyone complains they have to be stopped. You hardly ever hear a bell nowadays. Christmas carols are also banned except inside a privately owned building. No carolling on the street because of the atheist/wikka/muslim residents.

That's dumb, That's like me going to Iraq or something and saying no praying.

This is my opinion for what it is worth:
Please get all the facts before complaining.............. stupid reactions here!
This is a small town village in between 2 major cities..Montreal & Quebec cities.
Most of the population are cottage owners that goes there on week-end to enjoy the area and get away from city noise...do fishing and relax.
I can understand their frustration.....Put yourself in their shoes and invite some of your best friend to your cottage for an entertaining week-end ...then comes the next door neighbor that start the chainsaw and "JUST WONT STOP"......FOR TWO DAYS........THINK ABOUT IT ........BEFORE JUMPING TO CONCLUSION!!!!!!

The media's are looking for any sensational news without all the facts......
AND YOU ALL GOT CAUGHT IN THE PROCESS......

I live in the province of Quebec....I AM NOT STUPID.... and this province is not worst than any other ones or any states in the U.S.A.

Alain, Proud to be a Canadian and a resident of Quebec......(no hard feelings............just the facts)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back