question about back cuts (Moved from homeowner forum)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LFHN wow those are bad! What is the issue with the expsert village guy? I am just firewood hacker and know better then to do the cuts shown in the exspert village video's. I had a friend who cut firewood for years show me the basics. Sloping and angle backs are similar in shape is where I got mentally goobered. I am fortunate nothing in my area is very big. 10" is old growth :hmm3grin2orange: I only burn wood in really bad winters.

Sorry, don't have any personal knowledge of that video creator.

Perhaps someone else here can speak with more authority on that.

Where abouts in Arizona do you hail from ?

Guido your off your blooming rocker:msp_thumbdn: Let the man or woman alone already,it is becoming sicking to read all the hatefull bashing of some one whom is not present to defend them selves:mad2: LFHN seems to understand the questions ask so far.

Sorry, don't have any personal knowledge of that video creator.

Perhaps someone else here can speak with more authority on that.

Where abouts in Arizona do you hail from ?

I a rubber tramp,follow the weather,not the type to stay planted :hmm3grin2orange: I have places to camp all over the US,just like the northernhalf of AZ.

Rubber tramp is one who lives in vehicle or RV, AKA tire based transport.
Leather Tramp is one who carrys their home on their back,AKA Shoe leather based transport.

Guido your off your blooming rocker:msp_thumbdn: Let the man or woman alone already,it is becoming sicking to read all the hatefull bashing of some one whom is not present to defend them selves:mad2: LFHN seems to understand the questions ask so far.

If you are actually a "firewood hack" as you indicated earlier, why would you have every ventured to the Forestry and Logging Forum? Wouldn't you be more interested in the Firewood Forum rather than focusing on the last two threads that Superfire responded to?

I a rubber tramp,follow the weather,not the type to stay planted :hmm3grin2orange: I have places to camp all over the US,just like the northernhalf of AZ.

Same deal as HBRN who could never tell us anywhere he ever worked. Where in Arizona are you RIGHT NOW?

It is all so plain to us, how does it possibly elude you? We tried being nice, but you refuse to allow us to stay in that mode.

Your just mad because someone along time ago said something about you and you attack innocent people with out cause. I know know nothing about your persoanl problems nor do I care,I am here for education not a school yard jock competition. I am on hear to learn. Who knows I may get into some form of logging before I am dead. You need to get a grip and understand your rants are becoming hillarious as a childs temper tamprum because moomy took away you toys.

If you are actually a "firewood hack" as you indicated earlier, why would you have every ventured to the Forestry and Logging Forum? Wouldn't you be more interested in the Firewood Forum rather than focusing on the last two threads that Superfire responded to?

Same deal as HBRN who could never tell us anywhere he ever worked. Where in Arizona are you RIGHT NOW?

It is all so plain to us, how does it possibly elude you? We tried being nice, but you refuse to allow us to stay in that mode.

Is there a difference between a rubber tramp and a gypo?

Probably. :msp_smile: A gypo is a broadly used term for any independent logger. It's not a cuss word and it's not meant to be demeaning. I know some guys with 100 employees and several million bucks worth of equipment who refer to themselves as gypos. I know some guys with one old worn-out pickup and a three year old 660 who call themselves the same thing.

It's an old, old term and you can get some pretty good arguments started about where it came from...especially if you ask the question to a bunch of gypos.

There seems to be no answer to this question as the post count shows. What is clear is some like a high release cout and others prefer a lower cut. 2"-3" is just fine in my book. 3" inches is a good margin of safety on swell butts.

There seems to be no answer to this question as the post count shows. What is clear is some like a high release cout and others prefer a lower cut. 2"-3" is just fine in my book. 3" inches is a good margin of safety on swell butts.

I got to see the women's Oakley beach volleyball squad practicing at Long Beach. Lots of swell butts there.

Latest posts

Back