Questions about some old saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the feedback. That is good to know about the little Craftsman/Poulan 2000. It is ready for new filters, fuel line and carb kit, and all cleaned up. I plan to start it today. It has spark and compression. The oiling valve sounds like a nightmare. Hmmm, it has oil in the tank and pump. I am not going to spend much money on it right now until I figure that oiler out.

Next, I will take the advice and work on the Super XL12. Thanks for the id on the Super EZ.

I meant to write the the Super 2 Homelite is my old saw that I use. Wasn't sure how to edit. Very easy saw to work on and probably the reason I decided to tackle more... which could be a mistake. As stated, it sounds like the Power Mac 6 is a bit of a nightmare and parts are hard to find. That was the one I was looking to buy and now after learning about it, not sure. When nobody bid, I just took all of them. I try to give a second home to the auction things I buy because it is usually an estate sale and someone has passed on. I will try to post some videos if anything fires.

Thanks again.
Many carb kits are available at NAPA auto parts. Check out the outdoors power catalog. Micro 25 is part # 7-07131, for Tillotson carbs. Micro XXV has a Walbro carb and part # is 7-07149

Back