Racked up some nice FREE saws today...(partner, Stihl, etc)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red, does your 260 have the Wt403-A carb? If you are not familiar with that carb it is a "2" screw carb and doesn't have a "h" adjustment.

Red, does your 260 have the Wt403-A carb? If you are not familiar with that carb it is a "2" screw carb and doesn't have a "h" adjustment.

When I pulled it off, it had 2 holes in the body, H and L, but only one screw in the card itself.

Is this good or bad? Also it had a large vent of some sort that goes into the air filter...I worked on an 026 a few days ago and dont remember seeing that feature.

Ummm 2 holes but 1 screw? I don't think you can add the H screw to a 403 but Lake/Tom/Fish may be able to help....The 3 screws are all over ebay, the 195 is the favorite I think......(shooting off the hip here)

I have a extra 3 screw here but it won't flow fuel, if you want it. May just be a paper weight. I have added a rebuild kit but no cigar, I just got a new one.

The vent maybe something different but it has the choke built in to the air filter. I'm looking at the ipl but can't see nothing like a vent. Could be the cold/hot weather opening.

Anyway, the reason for axeing about the carb is that it needs a muffler mod but you can't do it without a H screw. Opening up the muffler really gave mine some spunk.:)

Ummm 2 holes but 1 screw? I don't think you can add the H screw to a 403 but Lake/Tom/Fish may be able to help....The 3 screws are all over ebay, the 195 is the favorite I think......(shooting off the hip here)

I have a extra 3 screw here but it won't flow fuel, if you want it. May just be a paper weight. I have added a rebuild kit but no cigar, I just got a new one.

The vent maybe something different but it has the choke built in to the air filter. I'm looking at the ipl but can't see nothing like a vent. Could be the cold/hot weather opening.

Anyway, the reason for axeing about the carb is that it needs a muffler mod but you can't do it without a H screw. Opening up the muffler really gave mine some spunk.:)

Im not positive, but doesnt the 1 screw, on these carbs have an effect on both circuits? Seems like I recall working on one that was flooding at idle, and wouldnt rev up high enough. Turning the 1 needle in got the idle right, AND leaned out the top end to get the right revs.

I did a muffler mod already..so I may be looking for a carb soon..or ill be brazing some holes up..lol

That 1 screw does tune, but would not slow down my muffler modded saw. Just check you rpm with a tach, spec is 14K. Mine can go all the way up 16K but cuts awesome around 14.2.

That 1 screw does tune, but would not slow down my muffler modded saw. Just check you rpm with a tach, spec is 14K. Mine can go all the way up 16K but cuts awesome around 14.2.

16K....holy cat turds!

What did you do to your muffler?

The H (fixed) L (adjustable) on the 403 are independant. L does contribuate to overall mixture but it's not a way to take down the top end. Increase the jet size or ditch it and put in another carb.

The "vent" is the compensating port from the filter to the carb.

Last edited:
spacemule,

He has a Polaroid digital camera. He does not seem to want to use it though.

Bill

When did I say I had a polaroid digital camera? You need to get your facts straight before you go off spouting lies.

I have a few Cameras, all 35mm, or VHS-C, and I have one Polaroid Camera...you know, the one where the picture shoots out the front?

If you lurked more, you would know Ive posted pics of my stash many times, It's just a pain to have to take pics, (a whole roll) take them into town for developing, wait a week, then go back into town pick them up, then load them onto my harddrive by way of CD-rom, then upload to photobucket.

However, Ive done it a FEW times in the past....

As of last December I beleive it was, this was my stash...notice the pantydropper front and center...

20_16.jpg

When did I say I had a polaroid digital camera? You need to get your facts straight before you go off spouting lies. ........

Well you need to check yourself real quick. I really do not care what you want to go by. To say you do not have a camera is a lie. I sold you a Polaroid digital camera and you were very slow to pay for it. You need to decide what ID you want to go by as you seem to change it with your underwear Lets see I believe it was Old Saw addict here then Old Saw Dust over on the international site. There were other along the way but I lost count.

DO NOT EVER CALL ME A LIAR

You want to talk call me

Bill

I even forgot one of the more famous ones

LAWNMASTERS

wow you have some ID's

Bill

Well you need to check yourself real quick. I really do not care what you want to go by. To say you do not have a camera is a lie. I sold you a Polaroid digital camera and you were very slow to pay for it. You need to decide what ID you want to go by as you seem to change it with your underwear Lets see I believe it was Old Saw addict here then Old Saw Dust over on the international site. There were other along the way but I lost count.

DO NOT EVER CALL ME A LIAR

You want to talk call me

Bill

Dude, are you serious?

Ive only ever had 1 screen name on this site, and this is RED-85-Z51, which is the same one Ive always had at all the forums Im a member of, including weekend freedom machines, CorvetteForum, mytractorforum, gokartsRus.com, and 4cycle.com and a few others. Only one that is different is volvoforums, I go by "1990TURBO740".

You are making preposterous claims that are totally unfounded. Ive only ever had 1 digi-cam, and when I brought it home and found out that my OS wouldnt support it, I took it back for a refund.

Ive never been a member of an international site, and Ive never recieved any merchandise from you!

Checking IP's

..means little. They can be spoofed or just change your ISP.

Sure, it will catch the typical ID changer, but...

Last edited:
..means little. They can be spoofed or just change your ISP.

Serious?

I admin another forum, we always go by IP#'s to find trolls, and people who make multiple accounts. Is there another way to do this?

Also, is there any way to prove this guy wrong?

Hey Bill, where was lawnmaster in FLorida? How old was he?

Just looked it up, "Lawn Masters" was born in 1988, and is 19 years old. He was into lawn care.

I was born in 1986, and am 21 years old. Couldnt care less about lawn care, I only mess with the machinery.

You lose, thanks for playing.

Serious?

I admin another forum, we always go by IP#'s to find trolls, and people who make multiple accounts. Is there another way to do this?

Sure... IP address catches the "ordinary" troll or ID change, but not anyone that really wants to hide. Plenty of websites you can use that give you another IP to use.. or... as most IP's are dynamic anyhow, just release your from the isp, wait a while, acquire, and you will get another. Often it's in the same range so a suspicious Moderator can apply a best guess, but it's not perfect. Change your isp (particularly easy with dialup) and you absolutely will change your IP. Heck, a couple of years ago my ISP changed their entire Class B Range ,and we all got new. I can also log on though three different neighbors wireless...

Last edited:
Back