Ran my Husky 365 today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Red Oaks 4 me

Big Red Oaks 4 me

Fun with flying wood chips
I found a decent used bar and chain in the shop, and put it on the 365. Worked on a big red oak storm blow-down with it today. VERY impressed!! It's a great cutting saw! I do think that the 562, 261, and this 365 Special are all the big saws I will ever need. The little Dolmar PS 32 for the small stuff always goes with me to the woods. Hit a rock with that one today, but it wasn't bad. Already sharpened that one for the next trip.

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Is the 365 in the same class as the 460 rancher or is it inbetween a rancher and a pro model. A 65cc your in the meat of the performance cc saws they give more torque.
What about the new 565 in a husky Facebook video they raced them together the 565 appeared to be a tad faster. But I think either saw would do.

Brent Nowell

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Is the 365 in the same class as the 460 rancher or is it inbetween a rancher and a pro model. A 65cc your in the meat of the performance cc saws they give more torque.
What about the new 565 in a husky Facebook video they raced them together the 565 appeared to be a tad faster. But I think either saw would do.
From what I have read the 365 is a pro model class saw, the only downgrades it has when compared to the 372xp is;

Smaller air filter
De tuned engine (restrictive transfer ports)

Imo the rancher is no where near the same level as a 365. However the rancher is still an amazing saw for home class equipment

huskihl

huskihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
The 365 doesn’t look to be too shabby. They may have the rpms mixed up between the 365 & 372xp. I did read the hot setup down the road on the 365 is to put a 372xp cylinder kit on it.

https://www.arborist.com/category/10590/Husqvarna-Chain-Saw-Specs.html
Pre xtorq, some of the 365 were open port and 365 special were closed port. Both 65cc. The 372 cylinder would make a slight gain but not much. 365 xt and 372 xt are the same motor other than restrictors in the transfer covers. Most opt to grind those out rather than upgrade.

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
spec wise there not far apart. I wonder where the 565 falls in. Do you guys notice the hp is getting closer to the bigger saws but probably lack in torque. The rpms are there. I talked with Husqvarna on fb but he said about the three new saws the 562/572/565 but won’t talk about the larger saw changes.

Big Red Oaks 4 me

Big Red Oaks 4 me

Fun with flying wood chips
I agree that a strong running 365 is a good all around saw. It will cut 90%of the trees that the average guy runs into.

Mine is a 97 or 98 model, bone stock other then a meteor piston. Its a stump puller thats for sure and really its as big as I "need" but I have CAD so "need" never creeps into my mind. :)
I can relate! The only saws that I WANT are the ones I don't have. :)

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
I purchased a new 385 xp and 575 over a decade ago. Not much time on them. Power wise there a step up over the 65’s and 72’s. But I like the the saws in this range because of there power.

Latest posts