re-building my 362/372 xp hybrid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok a few pics i haven't touched the transfers or in/ex where they come into the cylinder as i don't have a right angle die grinder...hoping to borrow 1 soon. is what i've done ok so far? u can see stock to what i have done.... only thing i can see is i need to do is smooth out the skirt to them more? Was thinking now people have done all the mods cant anyone produce measurements say from the skirt at the bottom of the cylinder to the top and bottom of each port and then a width after marking a centre line? dunno if i'm over looking something here? or am i just wanting a lazy approach? :laugh:

That looks ok, from what I can see, how does the roof of the ex port look? Can't tell from those pics.

About measurements, you could do that, but you'd have to be exact on the same machine work that that person did, you're better off to just check it with a degree wheel, it only takes but a few minutes.

That looks ok, from what I can see, how does the roof of the ex port look? Can't tell from those pics.

About measurements, you could do that, but you'd have to be exact on the same machine work that that person did, you're better off to just check it with a degree wheel, it only takes but a few minutes.

the roof of the exhaust has hardly been touched just took the casting marks out... and where its comes through into the cylinder hasn't been touched yet cos i need the right angled one don't i?

the roof of the exhaust has hardly been touched just took the casting marks out... and where its comes through into the cylinder hasn't been touched yet cos i need the right angled one don't i?

and i need to see where the piston is after getting the timing right? better crack on with the other transfer then ..... cant wait for it to be done now!

You should be able to reach through the port to the cylinder wall. What are you porting with dude?

You should be able to reach through the port to the cylinder wall. What are you porting with dude?

A dremmel with carbide burrs it can reach, just not sure of how much to take out yet either i don't have a degree wheel.

A dremmel with carbide burrs it can reach, just not sure of how much to take out yet either i don't have a degree wheel.

Stumpy did a pretty decent write up mate. May be a sticky. Download/print a protractor or degree wheel and put it on something round. Bigger the better. I've used a cam timing wheel.

Stumpy did a pretty decent write up mate. May be a sticky. Download/print a protractor or degree wheel and put it on something round. Bigger the better. I've used a cam timing wheel.

Cheers mate just downloaded one.. i'm assuming machining the base will alter the so i better get that done before i do any more to it? Or can i carry on?

Cheers mate just downloaded one.. i'm assuming machining the base will alter the so i better get that done before i do any more to it? Or can i carry on?

I'd time it up first mate. Get a base figure. When you have some numbers, you can then see where you want to go.

The only thing you need a right angle for is the upper transfers.

The only thing you can do without a degree wheel is widen the ports. I'd go to within .100" to the piston skirt edge.

Hi all nearly done got the work all sorted out today, its running the same numbers as Parrisw so im hoping to haven an equally awesome saw! few pics on the way, thank to everyone for your help. just waiting on the inlet manifold from canada courtesy of parrisw :cheers: i have a big oak to saw up at the weekend so i might have to scrounge an inlet of my friends saw....:chainsaw:

thanks mate, had a long day at work today so was more keen on getting it back together than taking pics lol! will try take some more tomorrow and will clean it up a bit more. i'll try upload a vid of it in oak at the weekend. :msp_biggrin:

It's ALIVE!!!!:rock: i think its running a tad rich but i don't mind until the rings are seated.... hope you all like it, i certainly do..If anyone fancies doing the MM on a 372 i will warn you, you need serious ear protection afterwards :msp_scared: its crazy loud. I will put a few tanks through then alter the mixture again. just trying to upload a video and they are all to big smallest i can get it is 20mb?how can i sort it?

Latest posts

Back