Real loggers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know if im a logger compared to the bone sacks that have been rippen & runnin for 40 year.

Falling timber is the most fun i have ever had making money legally.

And its a love hate relationship but even after the dizziest days, theres always a good feeling on the ride home.
I am devoting my time to study now so i dont know what to do with my self besides lots of working out and riding in the woods..

I wana go fall some timber!!

I'm 16 Years Old.

I cut down trees, buck them and split firewood with a maul.

i'm no logger, i just like to learn more about ways of cutting down trees and about chainsaws.

Attaboy!...there is hope for the youth of America still!

Nice to see I am not the only guy on here that may have it in his blood but bnot actually doing it. My7 dad wanted us to know all sides so he made sure we knew our way around the woods but also how to go to the city and have class in a setting like that (well he made sure Mom taught us) God bless the men of the woods and the job they do

I have been cutting firewood for personal use for 25 years. I retired and the last couple of years I have been doing contracts for the State Game and Parks clearing trees on a wildlife management area that was allowed to get way out of control. I salvage most of the wood to feed my extremely hungry wood furnace.

To me, an eastern red cedar that is thirty feet high and 18" across is a big tree. I am in awe of guys cutting the real big stuff.

I have learned more in the short time that I have been a member of this forum than I ever knew before. I really start feeling bad if I am not in the woods cutting something up and dragging it around with the tractor. Cutting trees is part of our heritage as Americans although the huggers would have you think otherwise. I am addicted cutting trees and using saws and will be doing some kind of cutting job until I can no longer physically do it.

I am not a logger, but being a wannabe is a great life:clap::cheers:

im a logger but a youngin of one i believe, just some 17 year old making a living. i go to bed thinking why do i do this type of work its labor intensive dangerous work with very little rewards and yet i wake up in the morning just itching to get back in the bush smelling that fresh cut wood, and cutin and skidding with a smile on my face.

Im 19yrs old. ive grew up aurond logging my whole life its the only thing i know. ive been a logger since i was 16 started out running a skidder and now im finally falling. i work for my dad but i work by myself, i cut skid and buck all the logs. im not complaining though i enjoy every minute of it, even the bad days when nothing goes right.

Im 19yrs old. ive grew up aurond logging my whole life its the only thing i know. ive been a logger since i was 16 started out running a skidder and now im finally falling. i work for my dad but i work by myself, i cut skid and buck all the logs. im not complaining though i enjoy every minute of it, even the bad days when nothing goes right.

Where you workin at? My boss man still has his loader up way back in Jerries Run.

Yeah, logged for 22 years, worked with the same company 20 years of that. great life, and it it your life. quit 6 years ago, company sold out. working landscaping at a local college now. still small scale logging plus sawmilling [supposed to be for retirement] and taking forestry classes at the college. and yes, you can learn more after a couple decades in the woods. i can just see an educated greenhorn telling an old vet just what caused that big canker in that tree.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back