Recomend a 70+ CC saw whats your favorite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut 5 or 6 trees today with the new 441CM. It felt heavy at first but it runs so good.

Stihl ms 441 is my one and only saw, I love it. I can use it for virtually every except its a bit too heavy for climbing in the trees with. However, I'd don't do much of that any more. My previous saw was a Husqvarna rancher 460. It was a decent saw. Bought it new, leaked a bit of Oil when sitting on the shelf. But I think the Stihl 441 is hands down a better saw. I run a 20" -32" bar depending on what I'm doing, usually the 25" serves best for general use. I won't use anything but a stihl bar and chain, I believe they are much harder steel and last longer and stay sharp longer. I thirst to go up to the MS 660 sometimes, but then I realize I really don't need it. Usually after pulling the starter cord a few times, I realize I don't need to be pull starting a 92cc motor even with the decompression valve.

Looking for a saw for felling and bucking hardwoods want to run a 20" inch bar. Thinking about the MS461. Whats my best option here. I have a 261 for limbing and smaller work. But I want something bigger to fill out a 2 saw plan. Partial to Stihl but keeping an open mind
husky 288xp is big enough.

Back