Reliability: Husky vs. Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is more reliable?

a) Husky
b) Stihl
c) The assumption that any thread about the subject will get derailed after the first couple of posts?

If you answered (c), then you (DING! DING! DING!) are a winner!

Could be. I haven't run one, so I can't say. I will say though, that smoothness is very important to me. :cheers:

Ok, seems your bending a tad so I won't go any farther cept to say he also said the 044 was "one of" the best Stihls made, he loves that 372 and 346. He said that 372 was hard to beat but he gave top honors to the 660 as THE SAW.
Guess who?

Ok, seems your bending a tad so I won't go any farther cept to say he also said the 044 was "one of" the best Stihls made, he loves that 372 and 346. He said that 372 was hard to beat but he gave top honors to the 660 as THE SAW.
Guess who?

No idea. There are a lot of people who like those three saws.

Which is more reliable?

a) Husky
b) Stihl
c) The assumption that any thread about the subject will get derailed after the first couple of posts?

If you answered (c), then you (DING! DING! DING!) are a winner!

Yup

Did Anyone notice while space was rambling that there was an Oleo-Mac in the hisky pics he posted? just because it is orange and grey doesn't make it a husky.

2) the new stihl caps are better than any caps I've ever used. Space, you have to be smarter than them to figure them out.

3) Stihl handle the abuse at least 2:1 in my area better. These are in the hands of loggers. not just any loggers, but amish loggers that beat the snot out of the equipment 10 times worse than most non maintence minded peeps.

4) you guys need more of a life.

I wondered if anyone would catch that. :cheers:

If I hadn't owned the red version, I might not know the difference. I nice saw that is built better than most imo

999milling.jpg

Which is better built in terms of reliability and longevity, Stihl or Orange.

Usually I get 2 years out of a husky, doing maybe on average 3 hours saw time per work day. I usually get 55 to 70 cc models, been using a lot of 357XP. One only lasted 6 months and burned out the piston ring due to an air leak. That pissed me off and is making me think of going Stihl. How do the Stihl rack up for durability compared to Orange?

I thought u said you were a logger?? 357?? how about a 395??:dizzy:

2) the new stihl caps are better than any caps I've ever used. Space, you have to be smarter than them to figure them out.
Not a matter of figuring them out; just a matter of a stupid design. Ah well, I guess some guys swing that way. Don't matter to me, as long as you don't go trying to switch my caps out! :cheers:

It would depend on the use, most of the stihls I see are in garages or
on benches all slicked up nice a purty! My huskies are run to death
but like any good sled dawg keep coming back for more. I especially
before finding this site, flat used the pis outa my saws and can truthfully
say, the only thing I have had go bad to date is one coil. Sure sprocket
rings a time or four,spark plugs etc. I do not consider these items as break downs. The truth is either saw maintained and kept in tune,good high test
fuel, sharp chain is a true value exceeding its cost many times over! It is
95% operator 5% manufacturer and that 5% is strictly preference.

They are the same. When you get down to it they have seals, gaskets, piston rings, bearings, cdi's, hoses, carbs, etc. that are made by the same companies anyway.

So which is less reliable?????? a Mahle or a Mahle:laugh:

The biggest problem with either brand is usually the abusive owners. I have seen bigger reliability issues between different models than different brands.
Just what Romeo said :givebeer:

Anyone can make a claim. That is not the issue.

I was showing what hearsay is. That has nothing to do with making a claim based on which saw is better.

Yep! we all need a lesson about hearsay! darnit space why dont you just post the legal definition & then we can get back on topic.

Space why is it in just about ....... whoops dont wanna go there, he`ll post another legal term to derail the thread even more.

Space if you like to argue/debate or just plain test your "legal" knowledge why dont you join a lawyer forum? this way you can debate with people who #1-Care & #2-will put you in your place real quick (but you`ll be learning). I dont know guys but if I was an aspiring Lawyer I dont think I would go to an arborist forum & preach about "hearsay" :dizzy:

LXT.................all that book knowledge & no real representational exp. MMMmm... whats the legal term for that space? LOL

Reliability between the two with proper maintenance, or even the attempt at it are basically the same. One withstands far more abuse, missed maintenance and "generally" more durable.......................... Has been my experience "here-said".

Yep! we all need a lesson about hearsay! darnit space why dont you just post the legal definition & then we can get back on topic.

Space why is it in just about ....... whoops dont wanna go there, he`ll post another legal term to derail the thread even more.

Space if you like to argue/debate or just plain test your "legal" knowledge why dont you join a lawyer forum? this way you can debate with people who #1-Care & #2-will put you in your place real quick (but you`ll be learning). I dont know guys but if I was an aspiring Lawyer I dont think I would go to an arborist forum & preach about "hearsay" :dizzy:

LXT.................all that book knowledge & no real representational exp. MMMmm... whats the legal term for that space? LOL

You seem to be the one derailing the thread. You've posted how many times on this thread, and how many of them have been on topic? Hmmm.

Furthermore, I was not the one who brought up hearsay.

Latest posts

Back