Reliability: Husky vs. Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I saw this thread earlier, and it was only a couple posts. I went out to cut some wood (cut a cord) and came back to eat a late lunch. I guess Ill go cut another one while you guys get this deal sorted out.

:greenchainsaw:

*cough*ms660*cough*

Let me know how it works out:cheers:

Well guys, I'd love to stay and argue, but I skipped classes today to work on my paper, so I better get started. :)

No doubt, you do indeed love to argue, no question on that,LOLOL
Wait a minute, I like arguing with you, good grief I'm going back to work,hahaha

Careful Mule...you definitely do NOT want to get sentenced to the Tom T. Hall Memorial Gas Chamber:

outhouse.jpg

I find it amazing you can show a pic of a outhouse but not yourself, come on Woodie, you can't be that ugly,LOLOLOLOLOL Gotcha........

Depends

Which is better built in terms of reliability and longevity, Stihl or Orange.

Usually I get 2 years out of a husky, doing maybe on average 3 hours saw time per work day. I usually get 55 to 70 cc models, been using a lot of 357XP. One only lasted 6 months and burned out the piston ring due to an air leak. That pissed me off and is making me think of going Stihl. How do the Stihl rack up for durability compared to Orange?

It all depends on the situation, the saw, and a million other factors. Good and bad come in all colors...

:cheers: eh?

I'll have to let you know after this weekend...the Detroit GTG is gonna be the first opportunity to sink it into a tree.

Frustrating...frustrating...

That does sound frustrating. Wish I could be at that GTG, a little water in your gas eh???:greenchainsaw:

Which is better built in terms of reliability and longevity, Stihl or Orange.

Usually I get 2 years out of a husky, doing maybe on average 3 hours saw time per work day. I usually get 55 to 70 cc models, been using a lot of 357XP. One only lasted 6 months and burned out the piston ring due to an air leak. That pissed me off and is making me think of going Stihl. How do the Stihl rack up for durability compared to Orange?

2 years, you gota be kidding me??? If so I would look at what your doing wrong as opposed to it being a problem with the saw. You could make any saw die and early life, just depends on how you treat them.

Latest posts

Back