Reliability: Husky vs. Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your honor it do appear Mr Space is refusing to answer a simple question knowing once he does he can no longer defend his claim. He claims those that have no trigger time can claim which is better than the other. Yet he has none either. So we take the words from a man that has plenty and yet Mr Space chooses to ignore a simple question. I suggest comtempt of court!,LOLOL
Anyone can make a claim. That is not the issue.

I was showing what hearsay is. That has nothing to do with making a claim based on which saw is better.

All right, now we have an original quote and can see what he actually said. First of all, he's comparing the 090, 028, and 038, none of which have been made in years. 044 is more modern, but it is no longer made either.

Yes, he's saying those saws are more durable than Husky, and I'll agree. However, they're likely also more durable than modern Stihls. This is exactly why we need context. He's not expressed an opinion on the latest generation of Stihls.

Every new saw has a ton of design features built into the replacement model, establishing history is very within reason.

All right, now we have an original quote and can see what he actually said. First of all, he's comparing the 090, 028, and 038, none of which have been made in years. 044 is more modern, but it is no longer made either.

Yes, he's saying those saws are more durable than Husky, and I'll agree. However, they're likely also more durable than modern Stihls. This is exactly why we need context. He's not expressed an opinion on the latest generation of Stihls.

So what's more reliable about the 044 than the 260, 460, 650, 660 or 880?

You do realize that they are essentially all the same design just scaled for their respective displacement?

Anyone can make a claim. That is not the issue.

I was showing what hearsay is. That has nothing to do with making a claim based on which saw is better.

Mr Space sayth JUDGE ROY BEAN, answer the question put forth to you by one MR HALL or be prepared to swing from the highest tree, what is considered a one man saw?

So what's more reliable about the 044 than the 260, 460, 650, 660 or 880?

You do realize that they are essentially all the same design just scaled for their respective displacement?

You do notice that Gypo said the 044 was the best saw Stihl ever made? Why is that?

You do notice that Gypo said the 044 was the best saw Stihl ever made? Why is that?

You're not getting it. There is no reason why the 044 is any more reliable than the saws I mentioned.

For being a lawyer, you sure suck at reading comprehension.:cheers:

You're not getting it. There is no reason why the 044 is any more reliable than the saws I mentioned.

For being a lawyer, you sure suck at reading comprehension.:cheers:

You're the one who's not getting it. Saying the 044 is the best means that he thought it was better than the 660, the 460, etc. That shows there is a difference. The main point, however, is that design has had to be changed by all manufacturers for the latest models. the 460 and 660 are going to be short lived. They are not the latest generation Stihls.

Let me re-phrase my question in order to get away from this hang up on "Hearsay Evidence".

Do you have any empirical evidence that Stihls have a better crankshaft-because that is what your statement implied? and if so what is it. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just would like to know if one brand is actually demonstably better than another-and it is not just Stihl/Husky as Dolmar certainly has the credentials to put a dog in the fight.

I don't really think that having loose bolts or screws (in my mind solely a maintenance issue) or "seem to tolerate more use" speaks to your original statement which, at least to me, implies durability.

What Thall has ran has nothing to do with telling us what Gypo said. You do not understand what hearsay is either.

Your honor if it please the court I will answer the question. Proceed sayth JUDGE ROY BEAN.

Your honor a one man saw is considered a saw you do not loan because it cannot take alot of abuse, its FRAGILE!

Furthermore your honor I have ran both and I can end this whole arguement with two words if it so please the court. Proceed Mr. Hall sayth Judge Roy Bean.

MR DRIPPY your honor, I rest my case,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
You're the one who's not getting it. Saying the 044 is the best means that he thought it was better than the 660, the 460, etc. That shows there is a difference. The main point, however, is that design has had to be changed by all manufacturers for the latest models. the 460 and 660 are going to be short lived. They are not the latest generation Stihls.

Every saw I mention is still available.

He never stated that the 044 was the most durable/reliable. Just the best.

The reliablity claim still stands.

I was wondering how long it be till you were going to say that?

This place is addicting, especially when I'm hesitant to get started on something. I think the mods would do me a favor by banning me. :)

I've got a 25 page research brief due Friday, and I've got to get it finished. (sigh)

Mr Space sayth JUDGE ROY BEAN, answer the question put forth to you by one MR HALL or be prepared to swing from the highest tree, what is considered a one man saw?

Careful Mule...you definitely do NOT want to get sentenced to the Tom T. Hall Memorial Gas Chamber:

outhouse.jpg

Latest posts

Back