Richer oil/fuel mix (or not)?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what I put up is the current owners manual for the ms661 & the ms460 is the same

My reference says you can use a different ratio.

Check.....

Your reference does not say you can’t.......it only references Stihl oil.

And Mate.....game over.

Now I’m going to go try and teach a pigeon to play chess.
At least they seem to listen at times........

My reference says you can use a different ratio.

Check.....

Your reference does not say you can’t.......it only references Stihl oil.

And Mate.....game over.

Now I’m going to go try and teach a pigeon to play chess.
At least they seem to listen at times........
kinda like an old oil religion

View attachment 648941

From Stihl Website under Practice Knowledge

Oh High Angst!!!!

What to do???

I want to run.......drum roll please......40:1

I work nights so I’m going to sleep.

I expect at least 5 pages by the time I wake up.

Most saw brands that marketed the own brand oil did this It was & still is BS to get you to buy their brand of oil there are many blended oil brews on the market equal or better than any saw branded oil

Most saw brands that marketed the own brand oil did this It was & still is BS to get you to buy their brand of oil there are many blended oil brews on the market equal or better than any saw branded oil
Oh I know.......but sometimes I mix 10:1 non detergent 30 wt per manufacturer instructions.

30 wt. non-detergent. :rock2: remind me to show you the 1955 johnson 3 hp seahores sometime. 16:1. kept the skeeters away when we we out fishin on the river.
Seagull had instructions for what to do when you dropped the engine overboard.
You ramping up now on the farm?
We’re busy every day.

Seagull had instructions for what to do when you dropped the engine overboard.

Been there, done that with a 1973 Evinrude 40hp twin at WOT on the Potomac. Bud of mine was steering and playing games trying to ride wakes on my "new" 1966 Whaler ... and the motor was only clamped onto the transom, not bolted, and when I heard the engine scream, I turned around and there it was: Completely out of the water, in mid-air, at about 90° to its proper orientation, and I wasn't sure whether it was coming IN or going OVERBOARD...

"Guess what I learned about boating today?"

Been there, done that with a 1973 Evinrude 40hp twin at WOT on the Potomac. Bud of mine was steering and playing games trying to ride wakes on my "new" 1966 Whaler ... and the motor was only clamped onto the transom, not bolted, and when I heard the engine scream, I turned around and there it was: Completely out of the water, in mid-air, at about 90° to its proper orientation, and I wasn't sure whether it was coming IN or going OVERBOARD...

I did that before. Grew up on a lake and scared the stuff right out of me. :surprised3:

Best Oil Thread Evah!!!!

How is it the biggest screwups make the best stories years later and sometimes earn you a nickname??

Latest posts

Back