RIP 26 yr old logger in So. Oregon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always terrible to hear. Condolences to his family and friends. It can be a tough industry, we've lost a few fallers already here this year, and we haven't really got up to full speed yet.

That's terrible- sounds like he was on an Allen & Gibbons side.

That's what I heard.

It never does quite seem to lose the shock. An unfortunate reminder for all of us to appreciate our good fortune and blessings to have made it as long as we have - and to maintain the utmost focus throughout the day.

"SUTHERLIN — A 26-year-old Sutherlin man was killed early Wednesday morning when a log struck him in the head at a logging site at the end of Nonpareil Road.

John Keone Peiper was setting a choker on an Allen and Gibbons logging site when he was struck, according to a press release from the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.

A 911 call reporting the accident came in at 6:05 a.m. Douglas County Fire District No. 2 and Fair Oaks Fire Department responded and determined that Peiper was deceased.

The site was on Weyerhaeuser property about 16 miles east of Sutherlin."

From the local paper.

Sutherlin resident Keone Peiper killed in logging accident | The News-Review - NRtoday.com

Sad to hear, prayers for the family and friends:msp_sad: I know its no matter now but I wish there was more to the story would be nice to know how it happened like slowp said. Just to maybe learn from it if nothing else. Could have been allot of things maybe unstable log while reaching under for his choker or maybe someone going ahead on the turn before he was clear?? No matter how it happened its a eye opener and very sad.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back