run-ins with the law

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used to race at a track in Ohio. The place was there since the 50's or 60's. It was out in some nice farm country. People started building $400,000 homes right across the road from the place. We were laughing about it.

Don't ya know those idiots who bought those houses started complaining about the noise on the weekends. I think some lawsuits were filed but they didn't go anywhere. Those realitors must have been showing those homes at nite.

I know another Drag racing track With the same problem.

yea...i always swear that if i won the big lottery, i'll buy 10,000 acres of land in montana and put a house right in the center of it. that way, i know no one will be around for quite a distance.

I'd put a hog farm in every direction from my enemy's house. Lol

LOL! I've had deer hunters try to run me off my own land too. It's a great feeling to put them in their place, but a bit dangerous when there are 3 of them with their rifles to 1 of you with yours. :)

This is where you need FULL AUTO. If they get stupid tell em the law is already on the way.

Last edited:
You just can't beat living in the boonies. :clap: While I'm not as rural as some, it's still quite a rural vibe where I live. Almost everyone uses some wood for heating so rather than complaining about wood piles it's more like "pile envy" :) around here. I can walk out of the house (that's been here for 200+ years) and stroll down too the ocean, or back into the the woods and follow old skidder trails and unused train tracks 5 miles too town and never see another house. The closest steet light is about 60 miles away. But as with anything, the times they are a changing. :( In the last 10 years or so, we've had our share of MacMansion's popping up here and there. Allot of folks coming back to retire that went to Conn and worked for Electric Boat, etc.. While it's been good for the tax base, in some situtions it's priced locals out of the area. Lucky for me there's a Grandfather clause and my prop taxes remain low! :clap: As times moves on though, it remains to be seen.:greenchainsaw:

It is getting bad in my area, people moveing to this area from the big citys,building 300.000.00 homes in the country,running taxes up for the locals,they turn their dogs loose to run,they kill hogs and sheep at will.my neighbor warned one of them three times than shot and killd four of them.the dumb a$$es tryed to sue him,but the locals went to court with him.

It is getting bad in my area, people moveing to this area from the big citys,building 300.000.00 homes in the country,running taxes up for the locals,they turn their dogs loose to run,they kill hogs and sheep at will.my neighbor warned one of them three times than shot and killd four of them.the dumb a$$es tryed to sue him,but the locals went to court with him.

Yep same deal up the road from me. People let two German shepherds loose (after numerous warnings) and they tore up the neighbor's sheep, and killed his hearding dog too! These people have no :censored: clue and were surprised when the guy took them too court.

Yep same deal up the road from me. People let two German shepherds loose (after numerous warnings) and they tore up the neighbor's sheep, and killed his hearding dog too! These people have no :censored: clue and were surprised when the guy took them too court.

is that before or after he shot the two dogs dead?????????:greenchainsaw:

I think it should be a law,that city people wanting to move to the country should haveto pass a big ritten test befor they could buy the land.then their first two years on the land would be probationary,and the locals could be the judges.this may sound harsh but would stop the rif raf..........:givebeer:

We have felt the impact financially from the city folks wanting to live on their yuppy acreages. Our property taxes went up 32% between 2004 and 2005.

We only have 10.5 acres and are zoned agricultural. Then, in 2005 our property was put in some new category the county now calls "rural residence". Basically acreages like ours that the rich folks are buying with no intention of farming, are being put into that category. It's an easy way for the county to get more taxes.

It really chaps my hide, because we farm the land we're on -- this aint no yuppy playgound. We've got 7 acres in alfalfa hay, 1 acre for the family milk cow, 1/4 acre garden, 1 acre woodlot/ravine, and the rest is yard and the ditches at the road.

We have felt the impact financially from the city folks wanting to live on their yuppy acreages. Our property taxes went up 32% between 2004 and 2005.

We only have 10.5 acres and are zoned agricultural. Then, in 2005 our property was put in some new category the county now calls "rural residence". Basically acreages like ours that the rich folks are buying with no intention of farming, are being put into that category. It's an easy way for the county to get more taxes.

It really chaps my hide, because we farm the land we're on -- this aint no yuppy playgound. We've got 7 acres in alfalfa hay, 1 acre for the family milk cow, 1/4 acre garden, 1 acre woodlot/ravine, and the rest is yard and the ditches at the road.

Don't worry that's only until they B*itch about the noise your equipment makes then They'll find a way to stop ya, either by new ordancies or regulations, permits, whatever it takes so they get control of what they want. The 'Rezoning" is just the first step.

I think it should be a law,that city people wanting to move to the country should haveto pass a big ritten test befor they could buy the land.then their first two years on the land would be probationary,and the locals could be the judges.this may sound harsh but would stop the rif raf..........:givebeer:

I got my doubt's this would work. They'd come up with some sort of "Eco Plan" that would say "We're saving the planet" and all the enviromentalist would jump to their cause. Somthing better might be a wavior stating they are aware before they bought the property of it's Fixtures, gun club, hog farm, dairy farm, farm in general, current residents and their "standards of operation". Basicaly limiting them to recourse if they don't like their new inviroment. It's funny how they don't sue their Realtor for indisclosure.

Good one Clawmute:
"We live in rural Arkansas on a ridge above a river, 1/4 mile from the county road. I can and do go out on our 56ft. lg front porch and pee off of it while admiring the mountains and forests."

same here... when my bro in law visits, he just loves doing a wee pee, wherever he needs to....................

We have 160 acres in Northern Ontario, closest beer store is 20 mins away....*lol*

John

John, give yourself a big pat on the back! Anyone that lives out in the woods is a true genius! Hey, thats me too! :clap:

not meaning to derail, but something is wrong in the USA when property taxes are equal to, or more than the monthly mortgage payment

I bought my place, 25 acres on a dead end 1/4 mile road, with no neighbors within 3 miles on 3 sides in 1996. Paid 49,000. Now 1/2 mile down the road a developer bought a 40 acre field. Subdivided it into 3 to 5 acre parcels.
Asking 250,000 to 330,000 per lot. Won't be long before my property taxes go through the roof.

taxes

I'm probably going to pass on a property that would be perfect for me, and also may have to sell a beautiful lake property that has been in the family for generations because of taxes. I to want to get a piece of land big enough so no one will be [bothered] by my attempts at self sufficiency I just hope when all is said and done I'll be able to do it.

Last edited:
Don't worry that's only until they B*itch about the noise your equipment makes then They'll find a way to stop ya, either by new ordancies or regulations, permits, whatever it takes so they get control of what they want. The 'Rezoning" is just the first step.

+ 1 about 9yrs ago, new city man told me, you damb hillbilleys are on your way out of here,one of my boys was standing there big mastake cost me 900.00 in dental work,but worth every penny of it. he dont live around here any more.........:cheers:

city people

i have a good one. has any one ever been chewed out for driving your tractor too fast??? needless to say we just went the other direction.
only 40mph.:dizzy: :censored:

Back