Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sad but true,

you can't justify spending $200 on a repair bill when you can just get another.

Kind of like TVs, if you can't fix them yourself, they are just "throw aways"

Thank the heavens "my Dad is a TV repair man, He's got the Ultimate set of tools"

?[video=youtube_share;A5cneCgNA9U]http://youtu.be/A5cneCgNA9U[/video]

Actually,

Yes, well kind of, chainsawr has Some Makos for the 152/153.

I have used them on two 143s, just chucked them up and cut the skirt.

They have the added benefit of a dome.

he, he,

Until you crank it over!

I will be needing pistons for my 143s ,someday ? Nice info right there !
Thanks !!
What kind of compression you getting ?

Never checked, but they will hurt you if you aint' real serious.

They are closed (not ported)

Any info on 152 intake and carb differences would be appreciated.

View attachment 282435View attachment 282436

So I have these 2 152's and while checking them out today they have different air cleaners and intakes before the carb but appear to have the same carbs. Does anyone have info or opinions on either of these?

Thanks in advance. The saws are otherwise identical as far as I have found.

The one on the right looks like the 153 manifold elbow. They both appear to be late model 152s. Some 152s and Poulan 6000s don't have the Mag rear handle. (footpad)

I have never seen the intake on the left, all of mine have the intake elbow like the one on the right (two screws for filter)

The one on the left looks more like a 133?

The one on the right looks like the 153 manifold elbow. They both appear to be late model 152s. Some 152s and Poulan 6000s don't have the Mag rear handle. (footpad)

I have never seen the intake on the left, all of mine have the intake elbow like the one on the right (two screws for filter)

The one on the left looks more like a 133?

Thanks for the clarification. I will try and find an IPL for the saws and dig a bit deeper. You may be right about an elbow from another model because the airbox cover has a hole thatappears to be from a drill to keep the air filter in position. THanks again.

Thank you very much. I know I looked at a 152 IPL last week so will dig it up and compare.

OK here it is, will need to compare pages now. http://www.arboristsite.com/attachments/chainsaw/202175d1318211918-152-ipl-pdf

Ok, comparing, the handles shown are completely different. My saws have the handle and fuel tank joined and the 152 manual shows an articulated design. Oh well the original question is answered that one of my saws has a non-stock intake elbow and air filter.

Thanks again sachsmo.

Last edited:
ya,

that's why I figured them as late model 152s.
Thanks for that 152 IPL, the 152 has a bigger output journal than the 153. I have yet to find a rim/drum set-up for the 152. (spurs only)
I bet Mangus would like to get a copy of that IPL.

I didn't read every post on this thread so if this is a re-post I apologize.
I went out to buy a new Dolmar 5105 and ended up buying a 5105 with a goofy name on it.
My saw dealer let me have it for a couple of hundred less than the same saw with the Dolmar name.
63223_4584772533758_555207942_n.jpg

374502_4584773053771_263272615_n.jpg

I didn't read every post on this thread so if this is a re-post I apologize.
I went out to buy a new Dolmar 5105 and ended up buying a 5105 with a goofy name on it.
My saw dealer let me have it for a couple of hundred less than the same saw with the Dolmar name.
63223_4584772533758_555207942_n.jpg

374502_4584773053771_263272615_n.jpg

Wondering who was gonna be the first on here with a Maruyama MCV51!

My Dolmar guy showed me the brochure a few weeks ago. He didn't know pricing. Couple of hundred less? Sorry I bought the 5105 in 12/12! :mad2: Probabally has an adjustable carb too!

My Dolmar guy showed me the brochure a few weeks ago. He didn't know pricing. Couple of hundred less? Sorry I bought the 5105 in 12/12! :mad2: Probabally has an adjustable carb too!

I got it for 425.00 I was his first sale for this particular saw. I buy all my saws and stuff exclusively from him even though consumables cost a little more I like to support the little guy.

As far as I can tell it is a runner just like I expected it to be. I played with it a little today and I think I am going to like it a lot.

We're waiting for your professional asessment of this saw, sir. :msp_confused:

It's a PS-5105 with a reverse color scheme sold to Maruyama. It's the same spec as the current 5105 Easy Start the spec sheet says 14,500 RPM but it is not it's 13,800.
We sold Maruyama product in the late '80s.

found out the elbow intake and air filter is from a 133

View attachment 282630[video=youtube;noZrXYjY6dQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noZrXYjY6dQ[/video]

Guess I should check youtube more often. I found which elbow and air cleaner my 152 has
Thank you very much. I know I looked at a 152 IPL last week so will dig it up and compare.

OK here it is, will need to compare pages now. http://www.arboristsite.com/attachments/chainsaw/202175d1318211918-152-ipl-pdf

Ok, comparing, the handles shown are completely different. My saws have the handle and fuel tank joined and the 152 manual shows an articulated design. Oh well the original question is answered that one of my saws has a non-stock intake elbow and air filter.

Thanks again sachsmo.

It's a PS-5105 with a reverse color scheme sold to Maruyama. It's the same spec as the current 5105 Easy Start the spec sheet says 14,500 RPM but it is not it's 13,800.
We sold Maruyama product in the late '80s.

The way my guy described it to me, being that Makita owns Dolmar, they wanted to bring the 5105 into different markets that Dolmar is not in, or in a current market as a price leader. I don't know what Makita has to do with Maruyama, but stranger things have happened in board rooms. I hope Dolmar quality stays the same!!!!

Latest posts

Back