Saddle that won't squish my gonads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogieman142

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
As the title says, need a new one as my old buckingham belt is wearing out. The only other thing is it must be a float saddle, add on fall arrest wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I climb a buckingham versatile deluxe. Floating bridge , can add on fall arrest suspenders with dorsal attachment point. No groin issues at all. Has a batten seat.
Its expensive but worth every penny.

corey

was looking at the buckingham deluxe master saddle cause of the add on fall arrest stuff, any input on that one? I'd rather have a 10lb saddle made of something durable than one of those 3lb ones.

squishhhh

was looking at the buckingham deluxe master saddle cause of the add on fall arrest stuff, any input on that one? I'd rather have a 10lb saddle made of something durable than one of those 3lb ones.

Been running the master since 07 and it is great but if you dont wear the right underoos or the boys are wandering-Ouchh.
Picked up an Ergovation and if you check Buckinghams site you can change out the rope bridge for a double floating Dee rig with two additional side Dees as well as they have a Y and H style harness with dorsal attachements. Be warned that there is nothing cheap about that $addle. Built like a truck, rides like a caddy, and costs like a lambo.

was looking at the glide 2 and does anyone know if there is add on fall arrest for it or if is even comfy to wear, the leg straps appear to be pretty narrow.

I climb on a glide 2. It's ok but I've been in some uncomfortable positions in the tree. Maybe more often than not.

was looking at the glide 2 and does anyone know if there is add on fall arrest for it or if is even comfy to wear, the leg straps appear to be pretty narrow.
My son-in-law does auto upholstery. I had him make some wider pads and sew them to the existing pads. Pretty simple and it helped.
Phil

I'm climbing on an older Petzl Navaho Mini Boss. You have to make your own bridge for it (or by one of Pezl's overpriced ones) But it's very lightweaight and comfortable. It has a stiff batten seat.

They no longer make that one but Petzl does make a comparable one; I think its called a Petzl Swing.

I climb on a traverse and I don't usually have too many problems with "the boys", unless I'm being lazy and straddling a limb and lean forwards too quick ha ha. I do find it restricts the lateral movement of my legs tho, I get a lot of pressure on my hips on big stretches.

I climb on a Glide ( not the Glide Light ) and find it very comfortable. The leg straps have never been a problem pinching my legs or the 'boys' . I would recommend it to anyone whose climbing style is more about moving and not much setting. If you spend a lot of time setting, get a saddle with a batten seat.

I wished they still made this version and not the 'Light' one.
Rick

Latest posts

Back