Safety Sun Glasses by Husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodcutteranon

I stack wood on top of wood
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I picked up a new pair of sunglasses at my Husqvarna dealer for $9.99

They are advertised as impact resistant and 100% UVA and UVB protected. For the price they look like a good deal. They are comfortable when I cut and I wear them under my face screen. I think for the price they make a nice pair of sunglasses...the fact they are impact resistant makes them even better. I don't think I could have found a better pair at a quick mart for the price.

attachment.php

By the way...that is a round of ash they are sitting on!

attachment.php

I love cheap comfortable durable sunshades/safety shades.........and picked up that same pair at lowe's the other day for about $10 and am very impressed with them so far. They are so light and feel like almost wearing nothing. They are for sure at the top of my list and I'm not out much if they get crushed/lost.

Waylan

I am impressed with you guys thinking about your eyes and how to protect them . I see too many old timers that don't were anything at all while out cutting. You only have 1 pair of eyes, good for you guys on having the smarts to protect them, and for letting the rest of us no were to get inexpensive PPE.

Beefie

I am impressed with you guys thinking about your eyes and how to protect them . I see too many old timers that don't were anything at all while out cutting. You only have 1 pair of eyes, good for you guys on having the smarts to protect them, and for letting the rest of us no were to get inexpensive PPE.

Beefie

Not just from the wood chips, I'm sure more eye damage is common from the sun.

Hey Woodcutteranon, if you ever get over to Leavittsburg, check out the glasses at US Safety Gear. Lots of lens colors, and less money.

Also, you could always go the vented goggle route. Depends on whats comforable for you.

NOOO!! Not goggles! Hate those things, and they always fog up - especially here in So. IL, where it gets rather humid, and I sweat like a pig. (Do pigs sweat?)

Overspec Safety Glasses, or I suppose you could use a face shield, just try not to spit your chew on it.

Overspec looks good! Are these something I could get locally, or special order?

Anything out there for us bespectacled people with the wire mesh?

re: eyeglasses

After having a relaxing ride on the harley ruined by a bug in the eye, I was wearing my regular eye glasses, I purchased a pair of wiley-x goggles. They look like wrap around shades, have a foam "seal", and are vented so fogging is virtually eliminated. I got the photo-reactive lenses so I didn't have to worry about changing glasses while riding. Haven't tried wearing them while cutting, usually just wear an old pair of eyeglasses.

Best place to get glasses is a industrial supply or welding supply store. They will have all kinds of glasses from less than $2 a pair. They are Z87 and all of that. They usually have plenty of styles to try on and see what you like. I like the starlite brand safety glasses. I wear them at work in the indoor/outdoor and the dark or mirror ones for sunglasses. You can usually get 3 pair for $5.

Don't forget your local welding shop. They ususally have anything you might need for your eyes. I picked up a pair of Oxy/Acetylene "sunglasses" that are fantastic for bright sunny days. I cut with them all summer. They were around $10.

Best place to get glasses is a industrial supply or welding supply store. They will have all kinds of glasses from less than $2 a pair. They are Z87 and all of that. They usually have plenty of styles to try on and see what you like. I like the starlite brand safety glasses. I wear them at work in the indoor/outdoor and the dark or mirror ones for sunglasses. You can usually get 3 pair for $5.

Sorry, should've read all posts before responding...my bad.

Stihl has some nice ones as well - $13

I have two pair of Stihl glasses. One pair is black with black lenses the other is camo with yellow lenses. Really like them and they are comfortable. They look alot like the ones pictured in this post.

Back