• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Saw a CS-600P in a local pawn shop for $399

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenintenn

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
with a 27" bar. No case. Looks to have barely been used... could see no visible signs of any oil or sawdust but ... pawn shops know what they're doing when it comes to clean up.

good deal?

Although it's about $150+$200 off retail, personally I'd get the cs590. You can pick them up for quite a bit less and it's basically the same saw. The only differences, to my knowledge, are the following...(I copied and pasted from previous poster)
590 - double guard laminated bar
590 - spur sprocket
590- nylon handlebar

600 - power match bar
600 - rim sprocket
600- aluminum handlebar on the later ones, nylon on early models.

To me there's not enough functional difference to spend the extra $$ Don't get me wrong...it's a kick-ass saw for 400. If it came with an unlimited coil...then maybe

Of course you need to offer them at least 30% less than what they are asking. Say 300 cash out the door to them, if they dont take it walk. You can always come back another day....My pawn shop they will give you 20% off no problem, more if you want to **** around and wait for them to call the owner.

Of course you need to offer them at least 30% less than what they are asking. Say 300 cash out the door to them, if they dont take it walk. You can always come back another day....My pawn shop they will give you 20% off no problem, more if you want to **** around and wait for them to call the owner.

Although it's about $150+$200 off retail, personally I'd get the cs590. You can pick them up for quite a bit less and it's basically the same saw. The only differences, to my knowledge, are the following...(I copied and pasted from previous poster)
590 - double guard laminated bar
590 - spur sprocket
590- nylon handlebar

600 - power match bar
600 - rim sprocket
600- aluminum handlebar on the later ones, nylon on early models.

To me there's not enough functional difference to spend the extra $$ Don't get me wrong...it's a kick-ass saw for 400. If it came with an unlimited coil...then maybe
Different carb, different cylinder, different piston, different coil, metal clutch cover also.

Different carb, different cylinder, different piston, different coil, metal clutch cover also.
Carburetor part number A021001661 is for the cs590 and the cs600. I know that the 620 does have a different one. Part number A130002041 is the correct part for both cylinders. P021038790 for both pistons. P021045470 is the pn for both sprocket covers.
You are correct, however about the coil. I stand corrected. It's not unlimited so I have no idea what's different about it.
Gone. Yesterday. There's a guy on here with a better saw (620P) for a good price.
Damn

Carburetor part number A021001661 is for the cs590 and the cs600. I know that the 620 does have a different one. Part number A130002041 is the correct part for both cylinders. P021038790 for both pistons. P021045470 is the pn for both sprocket covers.
You are correct, however about the coil. I stand corrected. It's not unlimited so I have no idea what's different about it.

Damn
620 is in fact unlimited.

Back