Saws missing in NW Montana

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swanman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The company that I work for had 2 very nice saws swiped from a jobsite late last year. Local authorities and pawnshops have not been able to help us. Both saws have something to the effect of "Please warm this saw up before using" written on the air filter housing. They are both marked LLOG in multiple locations. Both are Stihl saws, one is an MS361, the other is a rebuilt 044 in a MS441 case. I have Serial numbers to identify.

A wise man once said "if I ever catch a man that has stolen my tools, I will cut his hands off and ask him how easy it is to provide for his family without hands. That is how I feel without my tools."

the guy i work for in the summer on the weekends paints all the plastic on his saw's day-glo pink. i dont think any one will touch his saw's, i wont even touch his saw's i alway's bring my personal saw's.

The company that I work for had 2 very nice saws swiped from a jobsite late last year. Local authorities and pawnshops have not been able to help us. Both saws have something to the effect of "Please warm this saw up before using" written on the air filter housing. They are both marked LLOG in multiple locations. Both are Stihl saws, one is an MS361, the other is a rebuilt 044 in a MS441 case. I have Serial numbers to identify.

A wise man once said "if I ever catch a man that has stolen my tools, I will cut his hands off and ask him how easy it is to provide for his family without hands. That is how I feel without my tools."

Where were they stolen from? Kalispell, whitefish, Eureka, the Swan? I'll keep an eye out.

Lakeside. Thank you. I sure hope that they turn up.

Check 1st National Pawn... They're known for buying stolen stuff. I had some stuff stolen from my shop, and I went in their to check. The guy gives me this song and dance on how "bad" he feels for me... He goes to the back, and comes out and says, "Nope, nothing like that back there."

I returned with a detective... Sure enough, stuff was right there on the shelf in the back. :chainsaw:

The detective found the rest of it down at Goldrush in Evergreen.

the guy i work for in the summer on the weekends paints all the plastic on his saw's day-glo pink.

Is his name Patty, and does he go by slowp on this forum?

He goes to the back, and comes out and says, "Nope, nothing like that back there."

I returned with a detective... Sure enough, stuff was right there on the shelf in the back.

Did he serve time for receiving and concealing stolen property, or do you still have to find a way to even the score with him?

Last edited:
Did he serve time for receiving and concealing stolen property, or do you still have to find a way to even the score with him?

Nope, under the "law" he doesn't have to tell me the truth... Just to the cops.

Nice huh?

Latest posts

Back