SCORE!!!!!!!!!!! lil saw for cheap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRT-Tech

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
XMAS IS HERE!!!! i dropped a load of firewood today, got paid and was leaving. Oldguy came back out waving at me so i stopped. He says, "hey i got a little saw here, used about three times, and i want to sell it, 50 bucks, you want it?? i'm too afraid of cuttin' myself, i like handsaws better" he says.....

well sure, 50 bucks, small saw for trail work, why not. He pulls out a Poulan Pro 2150CL with a 16" bar. Zero wear on the bar, , the price tag was still on the bar and readable ($299). ...:D Not even dust on the air filter.

although i prefer Husky, i was'nt going to pass this up

Score!

looks like this, but with a bit of dust on it : :ices_rofl:
23305-6.jpg

merry xmas to me! :D

Last edited:
check that price tag again, poulan 2150 at wally world is $139 now days and used to be $99. Still for $50 why not. WTG.

tis a 1997 model year , according to the date sticker on the bottom, has a clear gas bulb primer, chainbrake (inertia) . (oh and it was $50 Canadian i paid for it)

after tearing it down and checking everything, i have come to the conclusion that:

- the old owner started it up several times, maaaaybe ran it a few minutes but could'nt keep it going and put it away.

everything on this saw was clean, the bar rails did not even have ANY wear on them, still black under the chain :laugh: the piston walls were untouched, no wear, NO carbon in the ring grooves, starter cord still gleaming white, air filter clean, fuel filter clean. , the exhaust mesh screen was still gold, not a trace of carbon or oil on it. :laugh: :D :D :laugh:

oh wait there was wear marks on the bottom of the case, probably from the shelf or garage floor...lol.

I wiped off the case, rinsed the tanks, filled it with 40:1 mix and filled the bar oil, adjusted the chain tension. Primed it, choke on, couple of pulls, VROOOOOOM!!!! adjusted the carb and throttle speed. Good to go.

yea i know its just a Poulan, but hey!!!!! another saw to play with! :blob2:

Oh Canada prices, now i see why $299. i used to buy car parts for lets say $100 and take them across the border for friends, The same parts were $300 up there. Wonder why everything is triple up there it seems, even the food, when I ate out up there. :rock:

SRT-Tech said:
XMAS IS HERE!!!! i dropped a load of firewood today, got paid and was leaving. Oldguy came back out waving at me so i stopped. He says, "hey i got a little saw here, used about three times, and i want to sell it, 50 bucks, you want it?? i'm too afraid of cuttin' myself, i like handsaws better" he says.....

well sure, 50 bucks, small saw for trail work, why not. He pulls out a Poulan Pro 2150CL with a 16" bar. Zero wear on the bar, , the price tag was still on the bar and readable ($299). ...:D Not even dust on the air filter.

although i prefer Husky, i was'nt going to pass this up

Score!

looks like this, but with a bit of dust on it : :ices_rofl:
23305-6.jpg

merry xmas to me! :D

Ha! Ha! That's some of the local yahoo's favorite saw! Seen one them up the tree with it the other day... LOL

Cut4fun said:
Oh Canada prices, now i see why $299. i used to buy car parts for lets say $100 and take them across the border for friends, The same parts were $300 up there. Wonder why everything is triple up there it seems, even the food, when I ate out up there. :rock:

Must be the health care.

is it just me or are these small saws a real :censored: ! to start......?

oy vey, i had er running for about 30 minutes, low revs high revs, cut a few twigs, shut er off, fired er up hot, one pull, but :censored: heck its a pain to get going when the saw is cold.

current issues (info mucho appreciato):

- pooling of fuel below the carb when trying to start (could be the loose carb, i have since snugged the mounting bolts down (cant start it now - too late in the night)

- flooding in the cylinder, spark plug is soaking wet with fuel, plug is currently shiny black, will replace in the AM with a Bosch.

I do have spark, pulled the plug and tested it against the cooling fins, lotsa spark. Let the cylinder dry out for a while. Still no start. Seems like the plug is sparking but being quenched by fuel.....although when you crank it over without the plug you get a very fine fuel vapor shooting out of the spark plug hole and drifting thru the air.....

I checked for leaks in the fuel lines, (gaaawd they are tiny - 1.5 mm ID ) and the fuel line connections.....there are none. (and now that i have snugged up the carb mounting bolts i no longer hear a "sucking hiss" from the carb gasket area. You can only hear air being pulled in rapidly thru the carb throat.

gah, wish it was daylight already....i want to fire this up and massacre some twigs :chainsaw:

i use the kitchen counter, table, the tub to soak greasy parts in, its all good. lil bit of Sunlight and a scrubbie when your doen, its all good! .

:rock:

Security response team, These have issues with the carbs coming loose, keep them checked and snugged down after using alot. Remove the limiter caps and richen it up too, freaking epa has them set lean from the factory and will cook the topend. Open the 2 vents in the back of muffler with a flat screwdriver, place it in the slots and pry back and forth til you open both slots way up. Then there is the metal baffle, toss or drill the holes bigger, get the heat out quicker.
I used to do SRT,DCT stuff too, But I leave that for the young pups now.

Back