Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KK is exactly right, that is an Ermine, they turn white in the winter except for the tip of their tail. I remember being in my tree stand up at the cabin one year, and there was no snow, so this white Ermine stood out like a sore thumb going over the brown leaves. Looked like it was searching for food, I just watched.

It disappeared from sight to the left, then came scurrying back with something in it's mouth, disappeared to the right and came back and forth twice more with something in its mouth on the return. I figure it found a nest of mice or chipmunks and was carrying them (one at a time) back to its nest. Perhaps it had young?

Was exciting to watch. Have not seen them down here, but I did watch a mink from my tree stand once (down here) going in and out of a stream. That was also cool.
I've never even heard of them, but seen some mink.
What amazes me, is how many coyote there are and I don't see very many. Lots of people don't like to ride with me, because they say I never look at the road, but those same people say I see things in the road or happening long before they do lol. My BIL is the same way, while him and I are arguing about how many deer were in a field, everyone else in the car will be trying to figure out what deer :laugh: . I guess we've trained our eyes to see things that don't fit, kinda like training your brain not to accept the "current thing" narrative.
But there sure are a lot of coyote and I see very few in comparison, I see more bald eagles than coyote, and I know there are fewer of them. Sneaky sons of guns!

Had a guy call last night and order 3 ricks...🤔.."so you want a cord?" "nope, I want 3 ricks"......🤣View attachment 1138018
Maybe you could throw in some bacon as a bonus.
When I made the comment about three ricks being more expensive than a cord in the good morning thread, I was totally joking, guess it's funnier than I thought :dumb::lol:.

Maybe you could throw in some bacon as a bonus.
When I made the comment about three ricks being more expensive than a cord in the good morning thread, I was totally joke, guess it's funnier than I thought :dumb::lol:.
They don't speak cord in Missouri....only ricks...lol

The 461 has a wider power band/sweet spot than a 460, and gets better fuel economy.
The 462 has a more ergonomic handlebar angle, spring AV, and clean air tech (all things husky had).
The 460/461 is a much more durable and well built saw than the 462, but I'd choose the 462 over them any day of the week unless I was milling with them, and then I wouldn't choose any of them lol.

You can swing by and run mine, bring ear protection, the muffler cover makes it loud as heck :surprised3:.
I don't think it's a huge jump in power, but it does have more power than a 372oe or XT, it runs with a 461 no problem and those beat out a 372 all day long. It is a good bit lighter than a 372oe(the XT is heavier than them), but if you put a lightweight bar on the husky you'd be right there with it. I know, then you have to do that to the stihl and it would be lighter; but it still doesn't handle like the husky, and therefor when using it the husky would still feel lighter(at least to a guy who's used to huskys ergonomics).
Too bad the 572 is such a fat pig when comparing weight, but it is a beast of a saw if you're cutting for a living. @Logger nate , did I miss anything :hi:.
Morning ☕️, good run down Brett😉 All good saws. 572 is a little porky but is more durable, less maintenance, and very smooth, and less $. Air filter requires much less frequent maintenance also which is nice when your far from home, and the road…
Haven’t ran saws for a bit, sitting in a machine getting out of shape (when we’re not broke down or rained out). Actually worked 2 days in a row earlier this weekIMG_1632.jpegDid get a little riding in last time I was homeIMG_1623.jpeg
Well time to go Christmas shopping, hope everyone has a great day.
Oh and just in case your wondering the best saw ever-IMG_0684.jpeg
Lol

Attachments

• IMG_1624.jpeg
    IMG_1624.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
The 461 has a wider power band/sweet spot than a 460, and gets better fuel economy.
The 462 has a more ergonomic handlebar angle, spring AV, and clean air tech (all things husky had).
The 460/461 is a much more durable and well built saw than the 462, but I'd choose the 462 over them any day of the week unless I was milling with them, and then I wouldn't choose any of them lol.

You can swing by and run mine, bring ear protection, the muffler cover makes it loud as heck :surprised3:.
I don't think it's a huge jump in power, but it does have more power than a 372oe or XT, it runs with a 461 no problem and those beat out a 372 all day long. It is a good bit lighter than a 372oe(the XT is heavier than them), but if you put a lightweight bar on the husky you'd be right there with it. I know, then you have to do that to the stihl and it would be lighter; but it still doesn't handle like the husky, and therefor when using it the husky would still feel lighter(at least to a guy who's used to huskys ergonomics).
Too bad the 572 is such a fat pig when comparing weight, but it is a beast of a saw if you're cutting for a living. @Logger nate , did I miss anything :hi:.
I'd love to, but that would require a blatant violation of my "Do not cross the 45th parallel ever again" rule. :reading::reading:

I've never even heard of them, but seen some mink.
What amazes me, is how many coyote there are and I don't see very many. Lots of people don't like to ride with me, because they say I never look at the road, but those same people say I see things in the road or happening long before they do lol. My BIL is the same way, while him and I are arguing about how many deer were in a field, everyone else in the car will be trying to figure out what deer :laugh: . I guess we've trained our eyes to see things that don't fit, kinda like training your brain not to accept the "current thing" narrative.
But there sure are a lot of coyote and I see very few in comparison, I see more bald eagles than coyote, and I know there are fewer of them. Sneaky sons of guns!
We have tons of coyote around here, people seldom see them, or hear them. Even less are smart enough to shoot them. Hear pretty often at work, I saw this wild dog walking down the rail trail.... no, it's not a dog it's a fricken coyote. Even open season and no bag limit hasn't hurt them much. Doesn't help there's lots of areas that arnt hunted, for various reasons, they hole up in. My neighbors 14 acres of woods being one of them.

No offense taken as I said I haven't really looked into the news stories I see. Just remember images of kids carrying assault type weapons on the city streets. I don't know what Missouri laws are and how the kids got the weapons. Parental permission? I don't know, but more importantly, why? It's like the old West over there.

And yes, I do know most places have methods to screen people wanting to buy firearms. As in Illinois. Must apply for a FOID card (Firearms Owners ID). It's NOT a firearms registration of any type, just to identify the card holder that they've been through a back ground check.
🤔 Carrying asullt weapons? Like these? 🪛🔨🔧 🎱🪓🗡🪒🧯🪥🪠 or were they different types of tools used as weapons?

Latest posts

Back