Sears 917.353750 Chainsaw Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure a primer helps on these carbs. Make sure the pulse line is open, this carb requires this. Just follow the pipe cleaner.....

I installed the primer button temporarily to when I noticed that after several pulls that the line was without fuel. I did the pipe cleaner test and it appears to b going all the way through. Seems odd that the fuel in the line "backs out" into the tank. I have been meaning to snap a few pics. I suppose I will do that now while it is disassembled. I appreciate you guys willingness to help and how dedicated everyone is to getting a problem solved. Kinda feels like I'm not alone on this.

could also be a bad primer you can test the tool with the tool in pic i have a test sheet for you to go by but it is in word will have to send it email cause web site doesnt support word

I think I have all the equipment to make one of those. I failed to mention before that I fashioned the gaskets myself out of some material I got from NAPA. I made the cork gasket according to what I've seen in earlier posts regarding that. I'm in front of the saw now so I will update soon

Not sure if this came out right. If so I will post more.

Attachments

• 20150916_174357.jpg
    20150916_174357.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20150916_174440.jpg
    20150916_174440.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 19
yes that is your reed vale case i need to see the other side need to make sure there is not gap between the reed and housing

Reed valve gap. Make sure you don't have crud under the reeds, and that they aren't gapped open.

This is the carb and if I have to break it down again I will post pics of the reed valve.

Attachments

• 20150918_004716.jpg
    20150918_004716.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back