Selling my ms461 locally

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I paid $800 for this saw back in 2016 from a guy on this site. It looked brand new. Couldn't find a scratch on it.

It is still in very good condition cosmetically, and starts and runs like new. I upgraded to a high output oiler, dual felling dogs. These are the only changes to the still stock machine.

If I sell this, I will begin the search for a 500i. I don't need it this year, so the 461's sale is to take advantage of the limited professional saws on the shelves.

What should I ask? I see they are selling at $1100 but unavailable.

I should add -- tis probably better if this doesn't sell as I expect this saw to last another 10 to 15 years.

I'd start high then go down from there till you hit what you want for it. Sellers market right now. Been contemplating unloading a bunch of stuff myself. I'd deffinatly mention the high output oiler as a bonus feature. I wouldn't hesitate to ask $900.00 for it right now. May even get more depending on how it looks.

I had my neighbor over the other day, to give him first right of refusal. He seemed pretty interested at my low end price of $900. Then I told him to look at the 462. Oddly enough they seem plentiful at the Murdochs around me. Course those are $1200, Ouch! I think the extra $300 will deter him, despite the modern features of the 462 vs the 461. Weird times this is, with the saws being hard to get.

I have serious doubts about selling this saw. It has been absolutely a great saw. In the 5 years I have had it, I don't recall even changing out the spark plug. Starts easy, revs fast, cuts great. The only time it even slows down is with the 32" B&C, fully buried, and myself applying a lot of leverage. But I do like the 500i.... :crazy2:

I would absolutely see $900 for this and not think it’s overpriced. I’ve ran 3 461’s and now a 500i and I can say that I prefer my 500i. Time will tell as I’ve only ran it for a couple months as far as durability. The 461’s are proven to be tanks, my 500i seems to be handling everything fine. I enjoy the weight and the throttle response. I haven’t had it in hardwood yet to be honest. Only pine. Spruce and occasional cottonwood. Westcoast saw did a demo with the 500i and a 50” cannon and it pulled it like a train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back