Shindaiwa 350 questions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazyJ

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I found this BURIED in the back of my FIL's shed and he's been deceased for 20 years. I cleaned the carb and it fired right up but needs a carb kit to get it running right.

Anybody know the approximate manufacture year on this saw?
It seems very torquey, will it pull a sharp 16" for what few little jobs I might use it for?

View attachment 237490

It would not do well with a 16" bar if you want to bury it in some tough wood but would work well as a small trimming saw and occasional use in some bigger stuff if you're not in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are great saws, I have two and both have 16" bars. I really like Shindaiwa products, they are well made and perform well. Their downfall like other OPE companies was a like of a dealer network

Steve

I'm guessing that saw didn't see much use.

:camera:

237490d1336533095-img_4122-jpg

Judging from the chain and the inside of the clutch cover, I believe it was used once to cut a trench through a driveway.

Got new impulse and pickup tubes, carb kit, and filters. Ran a tank of 32:1 Lawnboy mix then re-tuned it to 50:1 Ultra. Starts first pull when cold and will start with a half-hearted tug when warm, my #1 saw attribute. Oils fine and widely adjustable, yep, needs a 16" bar.

Late '70s or early '80s??

On a warm restart it is not uncommon for those to start with only pulling the rope only enough to roll the engine one time. I have two 350's and they both do the same thing

Steve

Back