Shipping Delay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll give ya'all a little Pa. quick go one the ice trick, without chains....You gotta have half decent tires to start with...
Keep a small box of 3/8" tech screws, cordless drill and hex head driver in your truck..
When you find the ice you are gonna explore, stop vehicle, run a series of screws into the "lugs" of your tires randomly, move vehicle alittle repeat, repeat, done..
Do your ice driving, when done simply remove the tech screws, put em back in the box for the next adventure..
With decent tread/lug depth it's impossible to give yourself a flat...
You get super grip and a very smooth ride compared to chains.......they will hold up to bare road conditions to an extent.....(insert common sence here)..
My redneck tip of the day from Pa...........(Much easier than installing chains too....)

I'll give ya'all a little Pa. quick go one the ice trick, without chains....You gotta have half decent tires to start with...
Keep a small box of 3/8" tech screws, cordless drill and hex head driver in your truck..
When you find the ice you are gonna explore, stop vehicle, run a series of screws into the "lugs" of your tires randomly, move vehicle alittle repeat, repeat, done..
Do your ice driving, when done simply remove the tech screws, put em back in the box for the next adventure..
With decent tread/lug depth it's impossible to give yourself a flat...
You get super grip and a very smooth ride compared to chains.......they will hold up to bare road conditions to an extent.....(insert common sence here)..
My redneck tip of the day from Pa...........(Much easier than installing chains too....)
Wait til Foxworthy gets ahold of that one Chuck......:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:
Show us how you screw your tires:popcorn2:

I saw a guy rip his rear end open and shred the back of his legs riding a bike in ice. He was riding a bike without a rear fender and had studs in the rear tire, he tried showing off by doing a cat walk and slid off the seat and sat on the back tire and it tore him up, everything from the waist to the back of his knees looked like hamburger.

I just ordered tires for next winter to keep from buying another saw or gun. I keep about 800lbs in my bed of truck during winter. No problems. ;)

We so rarely need dedicated snow tires, it really doesn't pay to buy them. When I burned wood, I used to just chuck the bed half full of firewood and leave that there if we were getting weather, but since the divorce and the lack of wood burnage, I don't have that luxury anymore. I shoveled it full of snow instead.

We so rarely need dedicated snow tires, it really doesn't pay to buy them. When I burned wood, I used to just chuck the bed half full of firewood and leave that there if we were getting weather, but since the divorce and the lack of wood burnage, I don't have that luxury anymore. I shoveled it full of snow instead.
When we were in the RF, our drivers had winter tires and summer tires.

The others sucked in opposite conditions, but those studded tires, evidently, enabled Toyota HiLanders to travel at seriously high rates of speed with traction: read above 80mph.... Woozers

When we were in the RF, our drivers had winter tires and summer tires.

The others sucked in opposite conditions, but those studded tires, evidently, enabled Toyota HiLanders to travel at seriously high rates of speed with traction: read above 80mph.... Woozers

Studded tires get you tickets in KY. They're kinda illegal. My tires have the holes for studs, but I can't use them.

18c070c73d8e55785e4fa2f14797dd56.jpg

This is looking out the door of my shop last week. You can't even tell that it was all shoveled clear 24hrs prior. We have spots in my yard that are close to 4' deep.
I just want it to melt so I can start working on firewood for next year. [emoji20] We've already burned close to 7 cord so far this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you my neighbor? Looks like my area.

Latest posts

Back