Shipping Delay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep,
all you yanks come on down here in July with the skeeters, gnats, sandspurs, cottonmouth water rattlers, and grumpy old men in overalls when they out of Nehi.
Then we can talk tuff.

65 and sunny, barefeets weather here.

Sounds like you got your little piece of heaven right here on earth!

And trust me, we have grumpy old men in overalls also. I ought to know that. :laugh:

From back when this thread was about weather: I am over here next to the smoky mtns. It has been below freezing all day but it hasn't snowed. It has rained. Scraping 1/8 to 1/4" of ice off a car stinks. And the roads are soaked. Tomorrow is going to be fun. Stay safe Mastermind.

I'm guessing you boys down south don't have ice scrapers in all your cars ... No studded snow tires . No tire chains . No plows on your trucks . 50 pound bags of salt every week . Falling on your ass a couple times a year .
What do you guys do to prepare for winter ? Get out your long sleeve shirts . I'm so jealous[emoji34]ice storms do suck . Here are some good tips...
1 don't hang out under the power lines
2 when the transformer on the power line pole starts to buzz really loud ... Do not get a closer look . Run
3 and most important . Do not walk on ice with your hands in your pockets !!![emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always hate it when I step outside and proceed to see the toes of my boots not on the ground any longer then feel this really large thud on my hind parts. It just is not the way i prefer to start my day but such is winter in wyoming. Only way it is salvageable if the aforementioned happens and you butt is to the west the wind will be blowing so hard you will end up on your face. Winds here can blow 65mph for a week strait it can near about drive a man to drinking. I hate ice, I can take the wind, snow, rain, and fog but ice that stuff sucks major donkey balls.

Yep,
all you yanks come on down here in July with the skeeters, gnats, sandspurs, cottonmouth water rattlers, and grumpy old men in overalls when they out of Nehi.
Then we can talk tuff.

65 and sunny, barefeets weather here.
i wear overalls when it is 90 outside.

90 degrees 100% humidity fighting chiggers turkey mites and sawdust cutting wood.

did ya hear we kentuckians are under a state emergency. were you at anyway?

Richmond. It's still snowing but slowing down. Supposed to continue till about 1am if you believe the weather guessers.

Edit: just stuck my head outside, looks like it's about stopped for now.

i wear overalls when it is 90 outside.

When I went to the west Kentucky GTG for the first time a few years ago, not one of those hillbilly/country boy wanna be's had on a pair of bibs. The only one who did was a Yankee. ME...

This year I seen a few of them dressing properly though. I must have embarrassed them or something.

The only kind of bibs I wear is the thick insulated kind. I like those better than the insulated coveralls because I can come out of a jacket if I get hot.

61°F on readout right now. It's not raining, yet. We got up to 69°F today. I've kept a small log in the insert today just to keep the hearth warm. I'll stoke it bf bed tonight and coast through the next few days. Thursday's high is supposed to be 43°. After this clears, I think we're finally going to have some spring weather. It's supposed to be in the mid-70's next week and the weatherman says most of the cold is behind us. We'll be in the 90's in a couple of months.

Stay safe my friends to the north.

61°F on readout right now. It's not raining, yet. We got up to 69°F today. I've kept a small log in the insert today just to keep the hearth warm. I'll stoke it bf bed tonight and coast through the next few days. Thursday's high is supposed to be 43°. After this clears, I think we're finally going to have some spring weather. It's supposed to be in the mid-70's next week and the weatherman says most of the cold is behind us. We'll be in the 90's in a couple of months.

Stay safe my friends to the north.
40's is spring for us, 60's is breaking into summer. That temp range is my ideal range to do work outside. No bugs, can dress in layers but not get too hot under heavy work. That's when I cut and split most of my firewood.

Latest posts

Back