Shipping to Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right buddy, whatever you say. First you say You won't ship to Canada, then you say you will. Next there are thieves everwhere, but you've only ever had a problem with Cdn Customs. You are one confusing dude....:deadhorse:

I am not here to argue with anyone. I am not running a business on Ebay and not shipping to Canada has cost me nothing. Even if it has, I don't care.

There are thieves everywhere. I have never had a issue when shipping inside the US and one package "disappeared" when it got to Canadian Customs, that puts Canada in the "red" in my book.

I should have said that I prefer not to ship internationally because of the "hassle" and the previous issue I had. If someone in Canada really wants something I have for sale they will contact me about it, or they did not really want it anyway.

I do not ship to Canada for one reason, to much hassle and I do not care what anyone has to say about it. The only attraction Ebay has is how easy it is to ship. I click a couple of buttons, print a label and the postman stops by to pick it up the next day. To ship to Canada I have to drive ten miles to the post office, wait in line behind a old woman with a rotten gut, fill out a form so the Canadian customs people do not steal your items and then the USPS will not let me insure the package because it is crossing a international boarder. Using the International shipping on Paypal is useless when shipping small items because they do not offer First Class and the other options are too expensive. If someone really wants something shipped to Canada they will contact me and I can explain everything, tell them to expect it to take 2-3 weeks and I charge a fee for having to actually go the the Post Office and stand in line. I hate to have to be a jerk about shipping to Canada but time is money and I work a regular 40 hour week.

I never make a 'special trip" to town just to ship something, i make sure i have a few things to do so it just goes on my to do list when i get to town, i also mention to the person i will be shipping the item within a few days so it won't interfere with my plans, as for the old farting lady, get a nose plug and some really dark glasses so you won't have to smell or see her! Stuff gets lost everyday, just like the sock that disappears in the dryer, people just have to get over it.

To be fair, if someone doesn't want to ship outside the U.S., that is their
own right, so get over it.

It is a hassle for those that work during the day and cannot get to the
post office, and all of the other risks and concerns involved.

So you will just buy from someone who does.......

One question, don't you have to go to the post office to mail within the US?

No, they pick up here.

First class INT. cannot be purchased online, must be done at the post office.

Also first class INT. has no insurance available.

The insurance is likely worthless anyway, depending on the country involved,
as well as tracking etc...

Delays also yield e-bay sellers negative feedbacks, and that is a big concern,
so why would e-bayers throng to ship overseas [or outside the US]????

I have had guys want to know the shipping of a 30 lb. part to Yugoslavia,
would you blame me for not responding?

To be fair, I do ship overseas, as most of you know, but I do not advertise it,
as it is a pain in the arse.......

And yes, you all know I am a lazy mother..............

It is no harder for me to ship to Belgium or Italy than to ship to the USA. The same form to fill out and pay the shipping, cost is just slightly a bit more but certainly not a pain in the arse.

Pioneerguy600

No, they pick up here.

fish,
while i agree with your position i have to disagree with one point...

i shipped an 18lb package to canada today and purchased insurance for it.
someone else in this thread mentioned no insureance also so i checked it online last night before shipping today.
you are covered for an amount based on weight automatically (when shipping to canada anyways) for free. my package was insured for roughly $118.00 automatically.
you can opt for insurance on top of that. which i did, a considerable amount more.

unless of course both the usps website is wrong and so is my small town postal employee.... but i got the insurance slip anyways. :)

If we ship TO the US, it is covered for $100 automatically. You can buy more...a dollar something for every extra $100 value.

fish,

someone else in this thread mentioned no insureance also so i checked it online last night before shipping today.
you are covered for an amount based on weight automatically (when shipping to canada anyways) for free. my package was insured for roughly $118.00 automatically.
you can opt for insurance on top of that. which i did, a considerable amount more.

unless of course both the usps website is wrong and so is my small town postal employee.... but i got the insurance slip anyways. :)

Everything I`ve had shipped to Canada from the US through the Mail has been insured for the full amount. I request it sent USPS Priority Mail International , the first $100. of insurance is free but I always pay a little more to add additional coverage. Things do get lost but the Post Office has always reimbursed for the amount the item was insured for.

Pioneerguy600

Oh believe me, I got over it.

Got a question, thought it was a violation to post links to an online store here unless you were a sponser, is that true?

Not being facetious, an honest question, I see you and several others here do it.

Open question to anyone, is it allowed or not?

No, they pick up here.

Thanks, clears things up.

Oh believe me, I got over it.

Got a question, thought it was a violation to post links to an online store here unless you were a sponser, is that true?

Not being facetious, an honest question, I see you and several others here do it.

Open question to anyone, is it allowed or not?

I am what is called a "signature sponser", which I pay for the privelige.

To be a bigger sponser, costs more.....

Next question????

If the package is 4 lbs. or under, it can ship for a lot less, anything heavier must go Priority, which is much more expensive.

Down here, there is no amount automatically insured, and if the package is
lost or destroyed outside the U.S., well good luck there.

Tracking is also not available for First Class Int.

I have not had a loss shipping outside the U.S., and I do not want one.

I have 100% positive feedback, and I do not want less..

Thanks, much appreciated. Again, not being facetious, just curious on it...Mind if I PM you with some questions on ebay stores from an owner's POV? I'll understand if you want to decline...

I am what is called a "signature sponser", which I pay for the privelige.

To be a bigger sponser, costs more.....

Next question????

If the package is 4 lbs. or under, it can ship for a lot less, anything heavier must go Priority, which is much more expensive.

Down here, there is no amount automatically insured, and if the package is
lost or destroyed outside the U.S., well good luck there.

Tracking is also not available for First Class Int.

I have not had a loss shipping outside the U.S., and I do not want one.

I have 100% positive feedback, and I do not want less..

I work to as well, the post office is closed when I'm at home, I go on my lunch hour to ship stuff.

Lunch hour what the :taped::taped::taped::taped: is that :laugh: you must have a union paid job. :hmm3grin2orange:

fish,

Yes, I checked the usps website, and you are correct. I rarely ship anything that heavy through the usps, as stateside, ups is a better deal usually.

And as far as the Canada thing, I rarely go over to the 4 lb. limit, so mine is all First Class, so I will have to concede your point on the insurance.

Anytime I have ever inquired about the quality of the insurance once the package left the U.S., I would get a postal shrug and a postal smile.....

I'm a long haul truck driver who finds the time to ship, how come so few can "find" the time? Doesn't the post office stay open on Saturdays? If so, drop by after you have bought your groceries and/or whatever item you needed to get in town.

A "hassle" normally is caused by one's thought of inconvenience.

Example.... A drunk might say " Going to the can is a hassle, this is why i wear an adult diaper when i drink."

Going to the can is an inconvenience. :laugh::biggrinbounce2:

Thanks, much appreciated. Again, not being facetious, just curious on it...Mind if I PM you with some questions on ebay stores from an owner's POV? I'll understand if you want to decline...

No problem, I will have to delete some messages as my box is full.

I will just delete the "nasty" ones......

No argument here, I see exactly where you are coming from (hassle for you). What I don't see is Roanoker(sp) slamming our Custom Service and labelling them as thieves for the loss of one package....

We also have Canadapost pickup in the bigger locations if you are registered with them as well.

No, they pick up here.

Latest posts

Back