Shop Safety, please watch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good video. I have a metal cabinet outside my little shop i keep all gas and other stuff in. I try to keep the flamable.stuff to a minimum in ther. Just whats in the yard equipment.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Good video. I have a metal cabinet outside my little shop i keep all gas and other stuff in. I try to keep the flamable.stuff to a minimum in ther. Just whats in the yard equipment.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
Very good! Thank you so much for watching my little video.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It would have been better if he spoke English. What the heck is a "gas greeel".
Thats the way we talk in the south I guess. You know, that gas powered thing you cook your burgers on in California.

Know more than a few people that wished they had been more careful. Those vapors are the most dangerous.

Video was well done. Thanks for the reminder
Thank you for your kind words. I felt it was an important reminder.

Most people need to realize you’re handling a liquid/vapor bomb looking for an ignition source. Sometimes you need those reminders to prevent stupidity.

Thats the way we talk in the south I guess. You know, that gas powered thing you cook your burgers on in California.

LOL. Thanks. With all the state and local regulations and the air quality boards (multiple boards for each location) regarding outside cooking and air pollution and burn days there is a real war ramping up that pits people who want to BBQ vs. BIG AIR. Here the air boards create and enforce legislation. There is no system of checks and balances. And the PERMIT FEES and FINES! One hundred thousand dollar fines are not uncommon.

BTW here a homeowner can not own welding torches, can not use spray paint or have a paint sprayer for use over 3 square feet, can not store more than 1 gallon of any flammable liquid (IIRC) or do any car repair. Fortunately this no real enforcement.

Gotta be careful with gasoline, I had a really close call a few years ago with a fuel pump. Was emptying a tank in a vehicle with a 12v pump I'd used a million times before, laying under vehicle with hose in tank, switch in hand and can around side of tire. Next thing I know it goes boom and everything under car is on fire, I panicked and threw pump out from under car to get car out of garage, well that threw flaming gas on everything. I managed to get it all out with 4 20lb extinguishers and no damage other than pride and a few plastic parts under car. Lessons learned. I keep 5 extinguishers in garage at all times and gas in shed

Wow that’s a really nice bench vice !!! Check out this vid also . Shows how to turn on oxy/acet. Tanks . I see people do it wrong all the time and make them watch this . It’s scary how many people use a hot wrench and have no idea how the things they do can kill them ..

Many don't have a clue as to how dangerous gasoline can be. I started mowing lawns at about age 8. I started doing that for money at age 9. I had like 15-20 customers on my list.

I always took a fuel can with me while out mowing lawns. Had to refuel while on the job. Never an issue or problem. That wasn't just dumb luck. My father was adamant about me doing it right, and wouldn't let me leave with a fuel can until he was sure that I knew well what I was doing.

here is a bleve

Saw a pic once of a 2500square foot ish garage that was being heated by one of the standalone propain space heaters . Pushed out the block walls all around and lifted the entire roof off . The garage door and both man door where pulverized . Scary stuff . I really need to buy a fire cabinet

A few others in the shop have bad habits of basically being lazy and not putting stuff away.

I was sharpening a lawn mower blade one day. My fault for not checking before, but after I got done realized there was a half full gas can with no spout cap on the floor a few feet from the bench!

Gas cans are supposed to be in the flame locker outside, or at the very least on a shelf in another room. Of course was easy to grab the can, fill something and just throw it in the corner instead if taking 10 seconds to put it away.

A few others in the shop have bad habits of basically being lazy and not putting stuff away.

I was sharpening a lawn mower blade one day. My fault for not checking before, but after I got done realized there was a half full gas can with no spout cap on the floor a few feet from the bench!

Gas cans are supposed to be in the flame locker outside, or at the very least on a shelf in another room. If course was easy to grab the can, fill something g and just throw it in the corner instead if taking 10 seconds to put it away.
They were positive that Mom would be along shortly to clean up after them.

Back