Should a 372xp be able to bog and wet 12-20 inch Pine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any suggestions on the cheapest place to get a pair of caber rings? And these are 50 mm i take it. Does the X Torq use different rings than the old 372

Ik
Does the saw look to be well used? You said it's a 2018. I seriously doubt it needs new rings, maybe if it was used every day professionally. Are you sure it's even broke in yet?
ok so lets suppose that it's not broken in yet and it's brand-new what would the compression look like on a brand-new saw? and how long would it take to break it in. I really do not know how many times this guy used this thing but he destroyed the chain almost all the way there's a few scratches on the saw but when I took all the plastic off it was very clean underneath and you could tell it was brand new basically

I still think your compression tester is low. Every 6421 and 372xt I have tested have much higher numbers than you are posting but are relative to each other. The 6421 are higher than the
372xt just like your test but with higher numbers.

Get a real chain. When I first brought home my 6421 with the HD safety generic chain I was disappointed and didn't understand the hype of the 6421. I switched the chain to a Stihl full chisel and it was amazing how much difference the chain made. The 6421 cut great for a 64cc saw and lived up to the praise its gets. Don't tear into that saw until you get a good chain, I think you'll be surprised.

Yup. Ring time.

I am embarrassed August. I finally took a look at your piston pics from way back on my computer, not my phone, as originally...those rings should not have a black edge (is that what I see?). They should be shiny. The piston looks new. The rings are shot. The cylinder is glazed. If the seafoam did almost nothing, it's ringtime. You will see lots of blowby at the transfers when you open that, I bet. There's even some blowby in the front already.

On the bright side, you will learn your saw better, and rings are pretty cheap.

I still don't trust that carb..

I was sure I heard a little more pop at idle, but it might have just been the microphone angle.

Those safety chains cut like crazy when they are filed correctly.

It sure would be nice to hear that saw 4 stroking hard, just to know it's getting lots of fuel.

The comp will not be less that 150 and it won't sack out when it gets warm like your saw did as you said it seemed to be good
for a while until it go hot. That's 'the tel' right there.
I saw breaking in won't do that.
That's from overheated rings (soft)
If you compressed one in your hand compared to new ones you would be able to tell they are weak. You also would be able to feel how weak it is by pulling on the cord slowly. Compare that against your other saws.
If I use someone's saw and its gutless in the cut then I will shut it down and let the saw drop from the cord. When the comp is that bad it will drop quick
Warm a couple of them up and compare.
If you want to do a vid then do one of that.
There will be no argument.
I will go somewhere else and log in as this is not working for vids. I could tell from just watching the 372 alone. I don't use testers ..that's what my right arm is for.
If I'm wrong...I guess I'll lay out some apologies.

I still think your compression tester is low. Every 6421 and 372xt I have tested have much higher numbers than you are posting but are relative to each other. The 6421 are higher than the
372xt just like your test but with higher numbers.

Get a real chain. When I first brought home my 6421 with the HD safety generic chain I was disappointed and didn't understand the hype of the 6421. I switched the chain to a Stihl full chisel and it was amazing how much difference the chain made. The 6421 cut great for a 64cc saw and lived up to the praise its gets. Don't tear into that saw until you get a good chain, I think you'll be surprised.
Yeah we have been busy with the holidays and all the wannabe firewood buyers I'm done selling firewood for the season cuz if I sell anymore I'm going to run out so I've been wasting a lot of time dealing with all that crap and haven't had time to really do much of anything but I will go get another chain or order one online I do have a skip tooth Oregon chain that's in good shape
I also think that the tester is kind of ***** it's one of those stupid Bosh branded ones from O'Reilly Auto Parts it is the second one I've had my warrantied the first one because I didn't think it was accurate so I guess if it's off by quite a bit and I'm reading between 100 and 130 PSI then I guess it could be off by about 30 or 40

The comp will not be less that 150 and it won't sack out when it gets warm like your saw did as you said it seemed to be good
for a while until it go hot. That's 'the tel' right there.
I saw breaking in won't do that.
That's from overheated rings (soft)
If you compressed one in your hand compared to new ones you would be able to tell they are weak. You also would be able to feel how weak it is by pulling on the cord slowly. Compare that against your other saws.
If I use someone's saw and its gutless in the cut then I will shut it down and let the saw drop from the cord. When the comp is that bad it will drop quit.
Warm a couple of them up and compare.
If you want to do a vid then do one of that.
There will be no argument.
I will go somewhere else and log in as this is not working for vids. I could tell from just watching the 372 alone. I don't use testers ..that's what my right arm is for.
If I'm wrong...I guess I'll lay out some apologies.
I don't know why you can't see the video links what web browser are you using? Also if I hold it by the cord it does not drop quickly it has pretty good compression when you're pulling on it enough to wear if you're not careful you can hurt yourself like what happened on my 03 8 it's sort of slipped out of my hand while it snapped back and ripped my finger. This one has tried to get me a couple of times to.

Back