shtil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of Bars..Anyone in here ever used one of the Stihl Ultra Light bars on there 200t. Partially made of composite. I'm on my second. I love them...1st one last me a little over a year until i was being dumb and bent it. Only thing bad about them is the cost $37.50....

i said the huski bar thing as a joke i have a 046 4 yrs old on its first bar and gets used 5 days a week you,xtreme as far as the climbing work to be honest i expect alot but also pay well thats why i get alot done in short periods, if you think your up to it sure come over you can get $100per ft on the mountain ash (hard wood) but i doubt you would get to see the money

Well aussie thanks for the offer then cause Im all about the money dog.

bars

although im stihl ( :laugh: ) new to the game ive only destroyed one bar, the nose collapsed, but as my boss pointed out in a very vocal way, that was my fault and completely operator error....

when maintaining the saw i frequently sharpen then check the bar, turn it, clean it and deburr it....id say that the bars on our saws get seen to about 3 times a week....the maintenance depends on the condition...we do this over piece / lunch breaks or whenever.

aparently the yougest saw my boss has had was at the hands of some real hashy guy the saw....new from teh shop lasted 2 hours

ok these are my bosses stories but as of yet, ive not destroyed a saw, and he has helped me develop my technique and make me a better (hopefully) cutter

jamie

Same deal

Redbug nailed it. I had the same problem or issue. I threw the ???? saw(family heirloom no less) I got so pissed and it came down to me hitting debris and strong arming the right side cutters. Grinding brings it back to even.

Last edited:
Originally posted by TreeCo
I've not heard of Killmurry. Is that his company name? What town are they in. I'm northeast of Atlanta on 85.

Take Care,

Dan

Out of Canton Dan, sometimes you can see his cigertte boat being pulled along with his tree gear.
Working Cobb mostly moving into merita I think.

Started with a pickup truck oh about 5 years ago.
This is the best area in the state for tree work.
Still growing

Back