Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a couple of vids to upload on youtube, they are nothing special just me at work but it gives you an idea of Simons work. If anyone wants to post them here please feel free ! Look under TreeworkDK.

Ya, that's what I normally, Rick wanted to try a 064 piston, so we're going to do that. Takes more work, but hopefully it'll make a nice runner.

Parris if you would rather I can send you a meteor 460 piston or you can order one from baileys and keep tabs of expenses and I will reimburse you no problem or run the stock one but from what I remember seeing you're going to be limited on port width with the stock piston. the 460 Meteor piston kit will have a wider skirt than the OEM piston and it will be less work than the 064/640,,, I have everything to do the 064 piston work anyway and I've got a few Ideas I want to try

Last edited:
Finally got a couple of vids to upload on youtube, they are nothing special just me at work but it gives you an idea of Simons work. If anyone wants to post them here please feel free ! Look under TreeworkDK.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pJPOgDhAW6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here you go.

Simon, did you raise the intake skirt on it? Just curious to know some of your "Top Secret Super Mods":)

I might start working one of my new 460s here today. R We doing a 460 build?

Daniel you going to join in the buildoff?

How is your 460 progressing Rick? Will must have it done by now.

The replacement piston, (ordered on the 12th & shipped from Baileys on July 14th) is hung up in Canada Post,,, been there since July 16th???

What the heck can I do?????? already sent Baileys Customer service an email,,,,, Grrrrrrrrrrrrr:angry::laugh::msp_mad:

Last edited:
Yeah why not? Always wondered how my saws would do against the "izer" pros.

That's the way to head into this thing. I've had the chance to run saws built by lots of different builders. You know what??? Most of em run about the same. A nice sharp chain is still the most important thing you can have on your saw.

Hope to see you at Sawtoberfest. :)

You are right there! Less is more a lot of the time. The fastest 385 I ever built I had forgot to open up the muffler and port match it to the exhaust port! Go figure. Really stepping up and participating is worth a lot to me I wish I could of made the first 372 build, but I just plain old didn't have the time or the saw. We should do some sorta build once a month or season at least. I hope Will makes the build he ports a mean saw and has done some pop ups for me in the past. The 460 with a 064 piston makes a powerhouse of a saw if done right.

A spring event and a fall one would be great. Say a different brand or at least model each time. Right now I'm set for a 026/ms260 build off. :rock:

Simon, did you raise the intake skirt on it? Just curious to know some of your "Top Secret Super Mods":)

I might start working one of my new 460s here today. R We doing a 460 build?

I don't think I would want to ask for any of Simon's secrets. From what I have heard if he tells you any of his secret mod tricks, they will send out hit men to kill you. Those secrets are like a national treasure up there where Simon lives.

I don't think I would want to ask for any of Simon's secrets. From what I have heard if he tells you any of his secret mod tricks, they will send out hit men to kill you. Those secrets are like a national treasure up there where Simon lives.

Most folks are a lot more apt to talk in PMs. :)

Do we have a list yet on who all is competing in Sawtoberfest?
I think I remember Terry saying that one of the rules was going to be only one entry for each saw builder.
Simon, Who is going to bring a saw to represent you in the competition?
You should bring one yourself and visit us all down here!

Do we have a list yet on who all is competing in Sawtoberfest?
I think I remember Terry saying that one of the rules was going to be only one entry for each saw builder.
Simon, Who is going to bring a saw to represent you in the competition?
You should bring one yourself and visit us all down here!

I think Terry has the list in his Sig.

Latest posts

Back