Snow cat logging today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I must take where I live for granted cause I thought a couple people would like the whole skidding with the snowcat thing but a lot of you really like the area.This summer I'm going to take pics at the top of Canoe mtn looking down from 9800 feet (you can actually drive to the top!) then go on the lake and take pics looking up from the base of the mtn. You will be stunned!

Bob ,I'm just guessing but I know the big one on the back is like a roto tiller and the back blade smooths out the chopped snow to make it nice an smooth for skiing. The front arm looks like a wood processor head, grabs the tree and cuts it and then you can lay it down wherever you want.Very handy on snow mobile trails.
That back "arm all folded up, I'm not sure on.They are like military tanks they have many configurations.

Last edited:
Feller on the front, grapple and chipper on the rear. Everything 9in and under gets chipped everything gets stacked and scattered. This work is being done around the high tension lines orperated by WAPA in western US. Arrived on site today in the North Park area in the north central Colorado rockies. Try to get some pics of this thing in action in the deep snow tomorrow.

Think Snow!

Last edited:
Back