so 562xp or 372xp or other

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvertabian721

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
so ok here is the deal….. i have a 576xp that i love and i have a 288xp that i use for the bigger stuff and i have a 55 rancher that i can't knock at all minus that fact that its slow.. but always reliable and with a sharp chain on my end it cuts fine. but who doesn't want a faster saw right? so my question is I'm looking at getting a 60cc saw to run a 18" or 20" bar. this saw will be bucking up firewood on the medium to smaller size. so i guess what I'm asking is purchase suggestion…. any thoughts or suggestions are welcome…. the saw i really want is a 357xp but I've missed that boat hahaha

does johnsered make a competitive saw to the 562xp? i know stihl has the 362 but blah….. and how do you like yours we cut around 200 face which is small time for some guys on her but its all hardwood and its more of a hobby hahaha

does johnsered make a competitive saw to the 562xp? i know stihl has the 362 but blah….. and how do you like yours we cut around 200 face which is small time for some guys on her but its all hardwood and its more of a hobby hahaha
The Jonsered 2260 is identical to the 562 except it uses the small husky bar mount rather than large.

I love my 562. It's really a fantastic saw.

i thought that the 562 also uses the small mount? is there any other saw that could be recommended? i want a full wrap for and good quality light weight bar…. think ultimate firewood saw

562xp is the most impressive stock saw I've ever run! 555 is a slightly detuned version with small bar mount. 2260 is a good choice if small mount wanted.

You might have missed the boat for a 'new' 357xp, but I'm still buying, building and running them. Fantastic saw!

My 2260 has been a GREAT saw,

standard.jpg

Glad I bought it...

SR

562xp does rip through some timber...whereabouts are you in good old wny ??

i thought that the 562 also uses the small mount? is there any other saw that could be recommended? i want a full wrap for and good quality light weight bar…. think ultimate firewood saw
562 is definitely large mount. 555 and 2260 are small.

562 and 2260 are the ultimate 60 cc saws for power out of the box.

Get the 372 if you want a rock solid saw, that will run a 20" with ease all day everyday. Not only does the 562 still have it's design problems, but in no way does it have the power or versatility of a 70cc saw like the 372. That's. just BS from Husky fan boys!! If you're set on getting a 60cc saw for some reason get a ms362, Dolmar 6100, or even the Echo.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

well the more i think about it the 372xp might be redundant for me to get because i have a 576xp… so its only a couple cc smaller and only ounces lighter.. i really want a good super fast bucking saw. as far as the 362 my buddy has one and I'm not overly impressed with them but not opposed to them…..and we don't really have and echo or dollar dealer near me. but the reason i was considering the 372xp was because of how reliable they are known to be. this saw will be replacing my 261 i have. and as to what part of western ny i live in is between buffalo and rochester

I want a 372xp, but I have a 361, and couldn't be more happy with its performance. That thing will pull a 25" bar with ease. Not bad for a 59cc saw. My one saw plan has become a 4 saw plan, (don't tell wife). a 210 for liming, a 026 for liming, and bucking and a 361 for bigger stuff. Now I just need a 70cc saw for the big stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are replacing the 261 the 550 will not disappoint. My cousin has only run Stihl and Echo previously in his business. After 5 minutes behind the 550 this past weekend he excitedly said he is going to get one this week. He was amazed with the power, weight, and handling of the saw.

yeah i started out with the one saw plan about 10 years ago hahahahha i think i now have 5 hahahahahah hence the selling one to buy one theory. i get that the 361 is a good saw but the 362 i used was kinda underwhelming. i just want a saw with power and chain speed that doesn't kill my body hahahaha

I want a 372xp, but I have a 361, and couldn't be more happy with its performance. That thing will pull a 25" bar with ease. Not bad for a 59cc saw. My one saw plan has become a 4 saw plan, (don't tell wife). a 210 for liming, a 026 for liming, and bucking and a 361 for bigger stuff. Now I just need a 90cc saw for the big stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fixed it for you.

Latest posts

Back