so 562xp or 372xp or other

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i originally wanted a 550xp but i don't see that filling the need i want. plus its a different pitch
I think you would LOVE a 562 or a 2260, but I switched my 550 over to 3/8's pitch right after I bought it,

standard.jpg

it pulls it just fine!

SR

I actually just bought a 2159 2 weeks ago and ran a couple gallons through it breaking in the past week on a tree job and realized that I do indeed love the 60cc saw with a 20". Keep an eye out you can still find the 359/357 2159/2156. The 562 are great as well

Go with the 550xp or 562xp. I have both and just swapped a 362cm for a 576AT. The 362 was nowhere near the saw the 562 is IMHO. The 562 is a very strong 60cc saw.
Anyone that says the 362 isn't what the 562 is in power is simply incorrect. The power difference is simply not there, I mean a mm cs-590 isn't that far behind the 562. You can't judge the pow of a saw by feel or sound. Sorry the 562 is a strong saw, but nothing special IMHO, and has a checkered history. If you want reliability look elsewhere.

I also own a 550 and 261, in bigger wood the 261 will shine, in soft twigs the 550 is a slick saw. That is if it doesn't have a factory installed air leak.[emoji6]

Will respectfully but adamantly disagree with this statement.
In timed cuts there was essentially zero difference. But some say that 562 had issues. No surprise there.[emoji12]

No doubt when running correctly the 562 is likely the top dog, but the dozens I now know of that have the exact same issues, says all I need to know.

In timed cuts there was essentially zero difference. But some say that 562 had issues. No surprise there.[emoji12]

No doubt when running correctly the 562 is likely the top dog, but the dozens I now know of that have the exact same issues, says all I need to know.
There had to be problems with that 562 or someone had a really good chain on the 362.

In several different instances I have personally seen the 562 run away from the pack of other 60 and 65 cc saws. Most recently at the saw races here a few weeks back there were probably 15 different saws in the 56-65 bracket and the finals ended up being 562 vs 2260.

There had to be problems with that 562 or someone had a really good chain on the 362.

In several different instances I have personally seen the 562 run away from the pack of other 60 and 65 cc saws. Most recently at the saw races here a few weeks back there were probably 15 different saws in the 56-65 bracket and the finals ended up being 562 vs 2260.
Stock or ported? Stock there is very little difference. Again a cs590 cuts close to a 562, so unless I'm missing something. Sorry I just don't see what all the 562 hype is about, especially with all the continuing problems IMHO.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mine has worked perfectly from day one, I'm NOT seeing any problems with the 562 or the 2260 in my area...

I'm not seeing them on my dealers bench either...

SR

was there any power difference from the .325 to the 3/8 change…..and as far as the 362 I'm not saying its a bad saw…. i just wasn't really a fan of it performed next to my husky 261. i never really thought to change the pitch of the 550

Reliability, especially in heat, 362c. Speed, crisp trigger and handling, 562xp.

The 555 is a bargain and not far behind.

Stock or ported? Stock there is very little difference. Again a cs590 cuts close to a 562, so unless I'm missing something. Sorry I just don't see what all the 562 hype is about, especially with all the continuing problems IMHO.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Stock.

Stock 562 ran away from the pack and muffler modded but otherwise stock 2260 was in a league of its own.

If you are judging these models based on your one 562 that others thought was a dud then I can see why you are underwhelmed. If you've run several of them and still feel that way they you are definitely on the far outside of the bell curve for user experience.

was there any power difference from the .325 to the 3/8 change…..and as far as the 362 I'm not saying its a bad saw…. i just wasn't really a fan of it performed next to my husky 261. i never really thought to change the pitch of the 550
325 is going to cut slower in a larger saw. It's meant for smaller saws. As Rob said the stock 550 is great with 3/8

Stock.

Stock 562 ran away from the pack and muffler modded but otherwise stock 2260 was in a league of its own.

If you are judging these models based on your one 562 that others thought was a dud then I can see why you are underwhelmed. If you've run several of them and still feel that way they you are definitely on the far outside of the bell curve for user experience.

I've ran a few of them now, they pull just fine, but it's not a big difference. Again with the same chains a mm Echo-590 isn't all that far behind the 562 in reality, and the 362 and 562 are neck and neck, all things being equal. A mm makes a huge difference with both the 550 and 562 that's for sure! Now are we talking about the 562 out cutting the other 60cc saws by 5 seconds or .5 seconds? Not that it really matters, as a saw that doesn't run isn't to cut anything lol. Sorry I prefer a saw that runs to one that cuts a second faster. Auguring what saw is better based on timed cuts is pretty silly when it comes down to it, a saw with a good track record is the one that maters.

I want to be clear, when running the 562 is a wonderful saw. With the one I own, others I've ran and the PM's I've received. I can't as an honest person recommend a mode that has had and still has the problems it does. I know some here and elsewhere think my comments are out f line, I really don't care the writing is on the wall of this forum and others. Hopefully things will turn around with the new Husky saws, time will tell.

so ok here is the deal….. i have a 576xp that i love and i have a 288xp that i use for the bigger stuff and i have a 55 rancher that i can't knock at all minus that fact that its slow.. but always reliable and with a sharp chain on my end it cuts fine. but who doesn't want a faster saw right? so my question is I'm looking at getting a 60cc saw to run a 18" or 20" bar. this saw will be bucking up firewood on the medium to smaller size. so i guess what I'm asking is purchase suggestion…. any thoughts or suggestions are welcome…. the saw i really want is a 357xp but I've missed that boat hahaha

Unless you're a professional arborist / forester, or wanting to do a lot of milling, a 576XP or 372XP will cover all bases

No need for any other saw

I use my 372XP for everything, and have done for many years - small wood, right up to sectioning large ultra-hardwood trunks

I recently considered trading it for a 576XP, but pulled out at the 11th hour - need couldn't really justify the cost - that said, when I went into the shop and held one saw in either hand I was unable to discern a difference in weight - if anything, the 576XP felt a little more balanced

IMG_2973.JPG

Andy-again we have different first hand experiences.

There was an echo guy on here (who isn't here any more) who always made a big deal about how his mm'd saw would whip a 562 yet for some reason he never seemed to find anyone with a 562 to prove that. But that's apples to oranges in my mind anyhow as a mm'd 562 is going to be that much stronger as well.

Secondly I'm not to disagree some 562's had some serious teething issues. That sucks for those who had those saws. But many many people have ones that run great and are absolutely thrilled.

Also on those 562's that had issues-it seems those few folks with problems have been VERY vocal on here and other sites and these threads have been fueled by a handful of Dolmar and Echo fanboys who promote their brand to the point of despair and do nothing but bad mouth Husqvarna.

The Echo and Dolmar saws in this class are good ones. I'm less than impressed with the 362 but some folks are. To each their own. If I were to buy a new saw tomorrow, there's a good chance it would be a Stihl but it wouldn't be a 362.

Andy-again we have different first hand experiences.

There was an echo guy on here (who isn't here any more) who always made a big deal about how his mm'd saw would whip a 562 yet for some reason he never seemed to find anyone with a 562 to prove that. But that's apples to oranges in my mind anyhow as a mm'd 562 is going to be that much stronger as well.

Secondly I'm not to disagree some 562's had some serious teething issues. That sucks for those who had those saws. But many many people have ones that run great and are absolutely thrilled.

Also on those 562's that had issues-it seems those few folks with problems have been VERY vocal on here and other sites and these threads have been fueled by a handful of Dolmar and Echo fanboys who promote their brand to the point of despair and do nothing but bad mouth Husqvarna.

The Echo and Dolmar saws in this class are good ones. I'm less than impressed with the 362 but some folks are. To each their own. If I were to buy a new saw tomorrow, there's a good chance it would be a Stihl but it wouldn't be a 362.

No way will an Echo walk over a 562, but they don't do too bad for almost half the price.[emoji6]

SVK we both know how things on these forums are and how quick people are to jump on this or that bandwagon, it's happened to the best of us. An anchored mind is a powerful force.

To say the 562 has had teething issues is sugar coating it, don't you think? That right there shows some biased.

IMHO the 562 and it's counterparts may very well be based on a failed design concept, and why we haven't seen the 572.

BTW I own more Husky saws than any other brand. I try my hardest to be objective as possible, brand means nothing to me whatsoever. Well I do have a soft spot for them old Poulan's.[emoji6]

In the 'don't knock it till you try it' spirit, I really suggest that you test drive a Dolmar 6100. I'm not saying that they are particularly better than Husky or Jonsered, but I am really pleased with my 5100, and I have heard some really good things about the 6100 as well.

I definitely like my 88cc Jonsered, but the Dolmar 5100 is like a pissed off bantam rooster - it punches a little bigger than its weight class, and gets away with it. From what I've heard, the 6100 is the same.

No way will an Echo walk over a 562, but they don't do too bad for almost half the price.[emoji6]

SVK we both know how things on these forums are and how quick people are to jump on this or that bandwagon, it's happened to the best of us. An anchored mind is a powerful force.

To say the 562 has had teething issues is sugar coating it, don't you think? That right there shows some biased.

IMHO the 562 and it's counterparts may very well be based on a failed design concept, and why we haven't seen the 572.

BTW I own more Husky saws than any other brand. I try my hardest to be objective as possible, brand means nothing to me whatsoever. Well I do have a soft spot for them old Poulan's.[emoji6]

I agree with just about everything you said.

Latest posts

Back