so 562xp or 372xp or other

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the 'don't knock it till you try it' spirit, I really suggest that you test drive a Dolmar 6100. I'm not saying that they are particularly better than Husky or Jonsered, but I am really pleased with my 5100, and I have heard some really good things about the 6100 as well.

I definitely like my 88cc Jonsered, but the Dolmar 5100 is like a pissed off bantam rooster - it punches a little bigger than its weight class, and gets away with it. From what I've heard, the 6100 is the same.
The 7900 will definitely provide smiles. If I was in the market for a new big saw I'd strongly consider it.

No way will an Echo walk over a 562, but they don't do too bad for almost half the price.[emoji6]

SVK we both know how things on these forums are and how quick people are to jump on this or that bandwagon, it's happened to the best of us. An anchored mind is a powerful force.

To say the 562 has had teething issues is sugar coating it, don't you think? That right there shows some biased.

IMHO the 562 and it's counterparts may very well be based on a failed design concept, and why we haven't seen the 572.

BTW I own more Husky saws than any other brand. I try my hardest to be objective as possible, brand means nothing to me whatsoever. Well I do have a soft spot for them old Poulan's.[emoji6]

Ya, for half the price..that's getting the echo then porting it. Then the real measure is dollars to cut.

My local dealer finally has a lot of various auto tunes out there. Occasional use for homeowners, not bad, all the pro tree guys though, basically just drop them off constantly. That's what their mechanic tells me. One, Husky shipped them with the nylon screen filter, the arctic filter, man was that a bad idea. After losing their shirts on a lot of burnt up saws, they now deliver them with both the screen and a normal filter (I even told them this before husky did, to put a regular filter on them) And once it hits in the 90s, hot restart issues, etc.

so ok here is the deal….. i have a 576xp that i love and i have a 288xp that i use for the bigger stuff and i have a 55 rancher that i can't knock at all minus that fact that its slow.. but always reliable and with a sharp chain on my end it cuts fine. but who doesn't want a faster saw right? so my question is I'm looking at getting a 60cc saw to run a 18" or 20" bar. this saw will be bucking up firewood on the medium to smaller size. so i guess what I'm asking is purchase suggestion…. any thoughts or suggestions are welcome…. the saw i really want is a 357xp but I've missed that boat hahaha

For my top handle, I have an MS200T, for my medium saw, I have a 562xp, and for my big saw, I have a 576xp. Love all the saws, but I personally regret buying the 562xp. Where I work, we have tons of saws, so I get to try anything stihl/husky. Electric top handles, really small gas top handles, bigger badder top handles, small, medium, large and ridiculously large backhandles, power polesaws, etc. After trying everything that I have, for my personal picks, I think my limbing saw would be a T540XP, my small saw would be the 550XP, and my medium-big saw would be the 576xp (I use bigger at work, but don't need bigger for personal stuff.) I personally find my 562 too similar to the 576. It's slightly lighter and slightly less powerful.. it's got balls, but not enough to comfortably run a 28" bar, where the 576 does. I don't think I could do without my 576 for the bigger stuff. But when it comes to small-medium (most of my firewood selection would fall into that category) then the 550 would be suffice. Less weight, better fuel consumption, and still pretty decent power. That's my thoughts on it, anyways

For my top handle, I have an MS200T, for my medium saw, I have a 562xp, and for my big saw, I have a 576xp. Love all the saws, but I personally regret buying the 562xp. Where I work, we have tons of saws, so I get to try anything stihl/husky. Electric top handles, really small gas top handles, bigger badder top handles, small, medium, large and ridiculously large backhandles, power polesaws, etc. After trying everything that I have, for my personal picks, I think my limbing saw would be a T540XP, my small saw would be the 550XP, and my medium-big saw would be the 576xp (I use bigger at work, but don't need bigger for personal stuff.) I personally find my 562 too similar to the 576. It's slightly lighter and slightly less powerful.. it's got balls, but not enough to comfortably run a 28" bar, where the 576 does. I don't think I could do without my 576 for the bigger stuff. But when it comes to small-medium (most of my firewood selection would fall into that category) then the 550 would be suffice. Less weight, better fuel consumption, and still pretty decent power. That's my thoughts on it, anywa

ok thats actually really good to know…. i was originally thinking of getting 550xp but the pitch size and a couple things were holding me back on that… i love my 576 but love my 288 more…. all i really want is a saw that would run and 18" to 20" bar thats fast. i don't want to monkey with it at all i have a 261 that i love dearly but will go down the road when i buy a new saw to fill its void.. my only hesitation with the 550 is whether or not it can take the abuse i know a 60cc can absorb.

I bought the 550xp a year ago & love it. I fell & cut my firewood & its great. The rev boost is handy. And I like that its 10.8 ish lbs. I would like to get a 20" bar for it, but I have an old 266xp for the big stuff so not really needed.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Back